New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Guys,

meron din bang brake pad ang rear wheel ng vehicle? if so, ano ba symptoms ng wear and tear non?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bokswager View Post
    Guys,

meron din bang brake pad ang rear wheel ng vehicle? if so, ano ba symptoms ng wear and tear non?

Thanks
    If your car has disc brakes on the rear wheels, you will have to replace the pads on them too.

If your car has drum brakes on its rear wheels, you have to replace the brake shoes inside the drums.

Make it a habit to have the brakes cleaned every time you have your PMS so that you can check if the pads or shoes do need replacement.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Guys,

Thanks
    Who did the front brake pads?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If your car has disc brakes on the rear wheels, you will have to replace the pads on them too.

If your car has drum brakes on its rear wheels, you have to replace the brake shoes inside the drums.

Make it a habit to have the brakes cleaned every time you have your PMS so that you can check if the pads or shoes do need replacement.
    thank you sir, gotta check the manual

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Guys,

Thanks
    posts like these make me hope and pray that TS bought a new car which will be replaced as soon as the warranty is over.

don't get me wrong... may tita ako dati (when she was single in the 90's) used to change cars every 2 years... her reason - one morning, ayaw magstart... later I learned from her BF/husband na she doesn't know na the battery needs replacement.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    posts like these make me hope and pray that TS bought a new car which will be replaced as soon as the warranty is over.

don't get me wrong... may tita ako dati (when she was single in the 90's) used to change cars every 2 years... her reason - one morning, ayaw magstart... later I learned from her BF/husband na she doesn't know na the battery needs replacement.
    No offense to you, sir, but your "tita" must literally be swimming in money, because only the filthy rich can afford to be that dumb. She did not even bother to have it checked by someone who knows better?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    No offense to you, sir, but your "tita" must literally be swimming in money
    yes she is... although she won't buy expensive cars... Corolla/Civic/Lancer - and it was during her single days.

her sister was even cuter... since she doesn't want the hassle of owning a car (again 90's era) - she called R&E - taxi is waiting in the morning to drive her to work, work to home in the afternoon and another 1 taxi waiting during lunch - she also has the phone number of the R&E dispatcher for unplanned trips. she'll always pay double the meter.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Guys,

Thanks
    some manufacturers include wear signs in their design. a unique sound (screeching?) is one such.

some cars have disk brakes in front and in rear. some cars have disks in front and drums in rear.
    a knowledgeable eye can take a peek thru the rims and see what the car has. it's easy.
    i imagine, brakes information is also in the car owner's manual.

generally, much of the car's braking power is provided by the front disks; the rear drum brakes provide less braking power.
    as such, front pad wear is twice as fast as rear drum pad wear.
    it is a good thing to have the drum brakes opened and cleaned (and adjusted), just so's one may see how much pad material is still there.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 8th, 2020 at 12:57 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some manufacturers include wear signs in their design. a unique sound (screeching?) is one such.

some cars have disk brakes in front and in rear. some cars have disks in front and drums in rear.
    a knowledgeable eye can take a peek thru the rims and see what the car has. it's easy.
    i imagine, brakes information is also in the car owner's manual.

generally, much of the car's braking power is provided by the front disks; the rear drum brakes provide less braking power.
    as such, front pad wear is twice as fast as rear drum pad wear.
    it is a good thing to have the drum brakes opened and cleaned (and adjusted), just so's one may see how much pad material is still there.
    Pag nagpalit na kayo rear disk brake ano po brand ng replacement at kumusta naman performance.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugbalayan View Post
    Pag nagpalit na kayo rear disk brake ano po brand ng replacement at kumusta naman performance.
    Bendix or any other brand that offers a match to the equivalent part number of your rear brake pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast