New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not familiar with this but here's how I understand it:
    Repacking: Done regularly considering that the bearings are still a-ok. Parang change lang ng grease.

Press in & Out: Done if the bearings are loose na. Parang i-aalign lang ang bearings.

Am I correct? I'm thinking kasi of buying the bearing na kaagad eh. Pero marami nagsasabi na hindi naman bastabasta nasisira ang bearing. 100tkms na tinakbo ng pickup ko, ni minsan hindi pako nagpa-repack.

Nga pala, for the pressing of the bearings, saan ba may gumagawa nito? Sa gas station kasi sa amin re-packing lang.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So if I need to have my bearings replaced (Front and rear),what are the parts that I need to buy?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    eh ano ba ung wheel bearing?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Djerms
    I'm not familiar with this but here's how I understand it:
    Repacking: Done regularly considering that the bearings are still a-ok. Parang change lang ng grease.
    Correct! Most inspection intervals for vehicles are at 30,000-40,000kms. Unless you frequently drive flooded areas or close to salt water, inspect/repack intervals will be every 10,000-20,000kms.

Press in & Out: Done if the bearings are loose na. Parang i-aalign lang ang bearings.
    Press out the old bearing, hindi kasi matatanggal ito basta basta. Or in some cases, like your L200 the lock for the rear bearing is the one that will be pressed out and back in.

Am I correct? I'm thinking kasi of buying the bearing na kaagad eh. Pero marami nagsasabi na hindi naman bastabasta nasisira ang bearing. 100tkms na tinakbo ng pickup ko, ni minsan hindi pako nagpa-repack.
    Pwede na pong palitan ang bearing sets even if it is not worn out yet. 100,000kms. has served you well enough. Mas mahirap naman kung abutan sa daan at mag wiggle bigla or worse mabunot na lang.

Nga pala, for the pressing of the bearings, saan ba may gumagawa nito? Sa gas station kasi sa amin re-packing lang.
    Hydraulic press is done mostly by machine shops. Gas service stations will do the labor of pulling out the axle, replacing oil seals, and grease.

Originally posted by kiper
    eh ano ba ung wheel bearing?
    This is part of your vehicle that's rolling and keeping it smooth. IT actually holds the axle and prevents heat build up. Without wheel bearings, metal parts tend to expand when in direct conact with another solid metal part. Anything that rolls need bearing for that matter.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    expert talaga sa bearing itong si mr president.....

eh ser ano naman po yung bearing na nilalagay sa tao? bulitas daw yun?

lol

hehe jok lang

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    Ungas,

Meron bang malapit na pwedeng pagpalitan (gas station) sa inyo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede na ang 6mm stainless roller balls. Pero mabigat ito. Kaya marami na gumagawa ng ivory balls, para mas magaan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FrankDrebin::: Dito sa Petron Dapitan kaya na yan.

9. FrankDrebin Guest
    Oke, papasyal na lang ako dyan after Holy Week. Magdadala ba ako ng pulutan?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    O ba! Shoot! :D

Teka, after holy week? Baka wala kami dito nun, may trip down south kami nila afrasay ang the gang. :D

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
real wheel bearing, kelang palit