New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    I just purchased a new car and I'm not sure about the quality of the tires that it came with. What brand can you suggest? Also if I change it to a more expensive brand will it make a difference in comfort?

BTW, the tires that came with it are Kumho 235/65R17

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    IMO. Kumho is ok.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho. if your current tires are still ok, hayaan mo na lang muna maluma.
    you can never go wrong with Yokohamas or Dunlops.

and yes, may difference sa comfort, pero very slight lang.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gamitin mo na lang muna ang kumho mo bro. Sayang lang ang pera sa pag change, konting difference lang naman in terms of performance.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by work View Post
    I just purchased a new car and I'm not sure about the quality of the tires that it came with. What brand can you suggest? Also if I change it to a more expensive brand will it make a difference in comfort?

BTW, the tires that came with it are Kumho 235/65R17
    Let me guess... Korean car?

In my experience, some Kumhos are pretty pathetic, but some are all right. It'll depend on the specific tire model. If you want to change up tire models for comfort, the better tires are kinda expensive. Just wait for your current ones to wear out.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Ride lang ako ng question kasi minsan on some ads they say 80 - 90% pa raw yung tires nila, how do they make such measurements? Is there a ratio or something?

And, what is the best tip or indicator that a tire needs replacement?

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks for the tip guys.

And yes its a Korean car I'll post later which tire model I have so you can judge if its pathetic or not hehe. One more thing that bothered me was that I read somewhere na nagbibitak daw yung mga Kumhos. Never had any experiences with this brand of tire so I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMO, never let a tire last more than 4-5 years. if you think or know na hindi pa over the 4-5 years then use it muna. i think theres a print sa tire where you can find it. parang may small box or circular thing na nakalagay kung kelan made yung tire.

eg.
    3405 - this means it was made the 34th week of the year 2005.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Ride lang ako ng question kasi minsan on some ads they say 80 - 90% pa raw yung tires nila, how do they make such measurements? Is there a ratio or something?

And, what is the best tip or indicator that a tire needs replacement?

there is a thread wear indicator sa surface ng tire.
    and yes, as a previous poster said, it should not be used if it is more than 5 years already. the manufacturing date is written on the sidewall.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    there is a thread wear indicator sa surface ng tire.
    and yes, as a previous poster said, it should not be used if it is more than 5 years already. the manufacturing date is written on the sidewall.
    Thanks for the tip Sir 1D4LV

Question on Tires