New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    How long a new car's suspension go trouble free from the time you take it from the dealer.

From the time you bought your car, how long does it take before you replace/ repair your suspension parts (bushings, shock absorbers, supports)?

Please state your car's make and model.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sir I think you are also referring to your 6 month Altis problems. Here are some threads that you can post in and get quick referrence .

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...a+altis+owners

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...a+altis+owners

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Howard,

That depends on three factors:

1. Type of usage
    2. Type of driving
    3. Type of roads

If you use it frequently, you will have to replace them sooner. If you drive hard or are not careful on the road (potholes, etc) you'll also have to replace them sooner. Finally if the roads are bad, it accelerates the wear and tear on the suspension components.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    * memphis raines, thanks!

But the suspension system in general is what I want to know. Which car has the toughest OEM suspension system, comparing their class and cost.

It will be better if there could be posts from altis owners out there so I can compare my ride with theirs...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I can never tell.

Since I live in the south and drive on the SLEX, I usually have my first problems (any car) within the first 50,000 kms.

Hell, I dented one mag within 20,000 kms... (that's stock, with stock tires)... that's how bad my daily commute is.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    depends how you drive. you can break stuff pretty easily if barumbado ka magmaneho.

as i know, stock suspension system is the basic set-up that the car manufacturer can give.. if you want to have a better ride and life, modify your stock system to the parts used by the guys of dakkar and WRC

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I have an old hand honda accord, the only suspension parts i've had replaced in the past 3.5 years are the front shocks, but it turns out they were ok anyway. I've done 30k kms since I got the car and no other suspension parts had to be replaced. However most of my driving is on relatively smooth roads, whenever there are some bumpy patches I usually do not slow down much (usually only lift off the gas), so i'm not that careful of a driver when it comes to bumps.

kung gusto mo pang matagalan, buy a 4wd-vehicle--ung traditional 4wd vehicles like land-cruiser, patrol, range/land rover...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Question on new car's suspension system.