New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Hello guys,

I'm thinking about putting wheel spacers (hubcentric) on the rear of my Hilux Vigo, since I felt the tires doesn't stick out the way I'd like it to be despite naka -10 offset na ako. Napansin ko rin na mas nakalabas ang mga front tires (mud terrain) ko kesa dun sa rear...so baka sa paglagay ng wheel spacers (30mm) sa likod would balance them out.

Then of course, gusto ko rin malaman ang opinion ng mga may wheel spacers sa kanilang mga sasakyan, particularly pickups, and kung totoo bang di advisable ang maglagay ng wheel spacers.

Thanks for your time guys.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    The rear tires will have a little more stress on the wheel bearing since the mounting of the wheel is not vertically aligned with the wheel bearing. The rear wheel bearing will have premature failure.
    The front wheel bearing will sustain the same result in addition to an increased scrub radius to a more positive scrub.

Putting the spacers is different from installing the spacers on the hub. Which one is which? Hehehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stålmannen View Post
    Hello guys,

I'm thinking about putting wheel spacers (hubcentric) on the rear of my Hilux Vigo, since I felt the tires doesn't stick out the way I'd like it to be despite naka -10 offset na ako. Napansin ko rin na mas nakalabas ang mga front tires (mud terrain) ko kesa dun sa rear...so baka sa paglagay ng wheel spacers (30mm) sa likod would balance them out.

Then of course, gusto ko rin malaman ang opinion ng mga may wheel spacers sa kanilang mga sasakyan, particularly pickups, and kung totoo bang di advisable ang maglagay ng wheel spacers.

Thanks for your time guys.
    i believe the manual indicates the factory track (that is the correct word, right?) measurements. i also kinda remember that the front and rear track measurements are usually not the same figure.
    and yes, increasing the track can increase the stresses on certain parts, as mina already said above.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Noted with thanks guys. Much appreciated.