New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    It's once again tire buying time for me and this time I'll be taking a major hit as both our cars needs new set of shoes.

Have done the usual shopping around and it seems PriceSmart Alabang's tire prices ain't that bad. You get free everything...valves, weight/balancing and flat tire repairs for the entire life of the tire plus free rotations as well.

Any Tsikot members who've bought from PriceSmart? I assume the stocks are fresh/new...totally forgot how to check the manufacturing date.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A friend from another forum says when they hold sales, the prices are really, really good.

I usually buy from Minerva, though (if this is PriceSmart Alabang, there's a Minerva just across Westgate from there)... but I get a discount.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by brubeck View Post
    Any Tsikot members who've bought from PriceSmart? I assume the stocks are fresh/new...totally forgot how to check the manufacturing date.
    Look for a DOT code, it should be embossed on the sidewall. The manufacture date code is a four-digit one that should look like this:

The first two digits represent the week of the year the tires were made. In this case, it's week 40 of the manufacture year.

The last two digits represent the tires' manufacture year. In this case it's 2008.

HTH

By the way PriceSmart BGC looks like it's got a nice tire selection, but some sizes aren't readily available. If you're looking for 205/45R16 tires for instance, you're out of luck.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    thanks for the replies guys. will go ahead and get my tires from pricesmart. the prices are competitive and with type 100's tire ID tips, i'm sure i'll be getting fresh tires.

PriceSmart Tire Prices Competitive?