New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hello to All,

My steering seems to be heavier than before in the past few weeks and also compared to other power steering cars I've handled. My car's a 97 Corolla GLi. I was hoping this problem will be fixed when I had some of my suspension parts replaced recently because of some "kalampag" up front (tie rod ends, ball joints and rack ends) together with the 80K PMS. I was thinking that maybe because the tie rods have been "pressed" as a temporary fix before so that my steering is makunat. I've also had my rack and pinion overhauled some months back (oil leak). The noise is gone now but the steering is still the same.

Also, after shedding precious bucks on suspension and rack/pinion OHaul, I couldn't seem to be as satisfied as before on the car's overall ride through bumps and rough roads. Oh yes, the toinks are gone as should be, pero medyo maingay pa rin (rattles, vibrations, etc from everywhere I couln't pin point). My shocks are still ok I think but is there a way I could bring my ride back to the same quiet stability as before?

Thanks a lot in advance for your comments.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    about the heavy steering, check the inflation of your tires if they are within factory specs.

now about the noises that comes out of your suspension, try visiting velocity motors in banawe or zee motors in aurora blvd cubao..
    they diagnose ur car's suspension for free.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Thanks Benchph1 for your comments. You're right, I should have my suspension diagnosed and I'm glad there's somwhere/someone who'd do it for free. Hope to check them out one of these days.

As to my steering, I think my tires are within factory specs and I normally inflate them at 30. Thanks again for your help.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Try mo ZEE shop sa aurora boulevard, a lot of kotse.com members i met there had their car suspension checked and refurbished there.yes free estimate nila and since mura you might as well have it fixed there. their new tech polymer injection on joints is effective. Yes i have also been a suki of this old "press" repair method/other gimmiks na lalong naging grabe ang ingay.
    I had my 96 bmw316i recently..they fixed my front joints ball,rack end, tie rods may 15000kms guarantee pa.My shocks was also given a second life..their method really works...and help us guys who want to save on maintenance. in fact mas gusto ride nang BM ko ngayon, i will sched naman my second car a 97 galant..problem din with suspension.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sakit talaga ng toyota yan PS.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by yan_168
    sakit talaga ng toyota yan PS.
    marami na nga nagsabi nyan, hmmm.....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Pati ba AE111 GLi may problema sa power steering? And does this so-called repair kit do the trick, or only temporarily solves the problem?

Power steering and suspension on Corolla