New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    may connection ba ang electrical at ang power steering? kasi kanina lumusong kami sa baha and umilaw yung mga indicator sa gauge cluster and nawala yung power steering ng van(hyundai H100) namin pero maya-maya lang siguro natuyo ng konti kung ano man yung nabasa bumalik na ulit sa normal.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    no connection if you have a hydraulic ps system. pero if you have an electronic one like the new civic then possible na maaffect sya.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Kung nabasa yung belt ng power steering, tapos medyo maluwag na siya, it will be hard to control like you described. Pero oras na natuyo, balik sa dati. Ingat lang at hindi mawalan ng control yung kotse kahit na wala na sa baha. After mo sumugod pull over ka muna test mo kung lahat ok, then drive slowly to your destination.

Be safe!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jeff,
    Licensed version ng 4d56 ang engine ng H100. When you forded the floodwater, malamang nabasa or nalubog ang alternator mo. This will cause the charge indicator lamp to illuminate.

As for the PS, baka nga maluwag ang belt mo or naging madulas dahil nalubog ang belts and pulleys. Hydraulic ang PS ng H100.

I usually get away with fording deep floods with no serious after effects. Just follow proper maintenance procedures (if you don't have an owner's manual, I will be uploading the Starex maintenance schedule in the Starex thread tonight. Same engine and major bits naman sila).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama po si master guro otep naka detect ang electrical system ng not charging nung nalubog sa tubig kaya umilaw sa dash

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    siguro nga nabasa yung alternator and ps belt kasi malalim talaga yung baha ngayon ko lang nasubukan lumusong sa ganito kalalim and dami nga rin tumirik sa area na yon.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Korek kayo dyan,nasa baba kasi ang alternator ng H100 or grace kaya abot sya pag medyo mataas ang baha..iilaw yung sa dashboard.. hinde pede ilusong sa baha kahit mataas sya... that had happened to me before.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok lang naman ilusong yung Grace. Huwag lang lulubog yung intake niya (under the front seats).

The dash light is a non-issue. It will extinguish itelf once you have reached the other side of the bank. The alternator is in the same position as the Pajero's. And I've forded water deep enough for the crest to come over the hood (almost lost my front license plate in the process).

Just don't neglect basic maintenance procedures before and after water fording.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Just don't neglect basic maintenance procedures before and after water fording.
    Like what procedures sir? thanks! dami talaga kaming natutunan sayo doc. hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Changing axle/s, transmission, transfer case (if equipped) fluids.
    Repacking of bearings.
    Greasing of underchassis components (if equipped with grease nipples).

Check for torn rubber gaskets/boots (e.g. torn axle boots). Replace as necessary.
    Check undercoat for any chipped/peeling areas. Correct as necessary.
    Regular underwash.

Check owner's manual for exact maintenance schedule of above mentioned items.

power steering question?