New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Tsikoteers,

Im a newbie driver of CRV-01 (2 months w/ me already). On a high level, we consider this mint condition based on several tests,checkup,diags,as well as mechanic impression.

Long story short, during exiting from my parking space, 6th level, w/ upper and lower, so technically, I had to descent 10 times. To give more idea, its the Dela Rosa II carpark. Since it was 11pm already, and the building is almost vacant, I enjoyed descending at a speed higher than what I do normally. (Zoom--zoom...).

Now, when I had to exit from the parking booth, making my corner left turn, I suddenly noticed my steering wheel became "softer", and that it took me to really return the wheel into its center position... On right turn, the issue is not that obvious, as compared to left one.

The next day, I checked the PS pump, no leaks + PSF reservoir, its still on upper level as before.. Then, I checked my tires,, proved my left wheel is 1psi lower than right (29 vs 30psi.). I had it inflated to both 32, and the symptom slightly went away.

Already talked to my "suking mechanic", (ex honda), but the appointment is still set on Tuesday 6/2...

Could the issue been solved already by the tires re-inflated? I can say the steering already improved,, but my newbie paranoia keeps me on believing there's still an issue..

Please help me on balancing the thoughts and any inputs are pretty much appreciated.. I trust my mechanic, but it would be best if I also hear other opinions specially personal experiences out there.

Thanks in advance, (Im learning a lot since I joined Tsikot)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Finally na check na rin ng mechanic, and appeared to be a "non-issue".. Most probably due to the un-even front tire pressure. Symptom never re-occurred.

Is this a power steering problem?