New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajero freak, lancelot:::puwede pa yan. it's a matter of changing the gearbox with a surplus one, modify the holes (na naman...). this way you have to buy mitsubishi pitman arm which doesn't need to be cut and welded together. due to time constraint we weren't able to inspect the idler arm which is on the other side. you can also buy surplus steering rod with mitsubishi crossjoint sa dulo.

happiman:::si ferdie dapat ang PSG , spokesman lang ako. See you tomorrow. Bee Happy

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    PSG,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

I'll try to got to ferdie tom. Siguro I have to get the complete lists of materials to do this project.

Sir Afrasay, in your opinion, mga how much gagastosin ko for the whole replacement of steering rods, crossjoints, gearbox and etc.? Lahat ba ito mabibili ko sa blumentrit? Sana pasok sa budget ko para pagawa ko na.

Thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancelot:::gearbox sa blumentritt cost around 11 to 12T. crossjoints are incorporated in the steering rod, dalawa yun crossjoints, the boot of the steering wheel and the one near the gearbox. you also have to replace your pitman arm.

Pajero freak::: large gearbox should have large pump to powered them. in your case the stock pump, i think, is not large enough to handle the Toyota gearbox.

good luck :wink:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Sir Afrasay; aka PSG:

More or less how much gagastosin ko lahat for the crossjoints, pitman arm, and the gearbox.

Mahal ba yun iba like crossjoints/pitman arm and etc.

I'll try to go to blumentritt tommorrow before I see ferdie. Baka wala na kasi sa budget ko.

Pag ginawa ko lahat ito. Is it safe to say na hindi na siya converted? Meaning safe na sya for offroading? or mga long trips to the provinces?

Thank You :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ganyan din sa akin lancelot. Matigas lang when parking or making tight slow turns (since with the vehicle running, the forward motion helps in turning the wheels around kaya di matigas). When stationary sa iyo talaga mangagaling yung pagpihit. Try mo rin palitan ng standard size yung steering wheel mo if necessary. Mine is a bit smaller (Momo). I think it's safe to say you'd spend around 20T (tama kaya Afrasay?) or 25 (wag naman sana) for everything. Kung successful ka sa pagpapalit ng lahat back into OEM I think you'll be pretty much outside the converted class (except yung dashboard and side mirrors) and out of danger. I've brought mine to long trips to the provinces wala namang problema. (low torque/stress naman sa steering pag diretso lang takbo). Di ko lang pinang-o-offroad (paje pa naman!). OK lang raw off-road sabi ni Afrasay basta magdala raw ako ng kasama na magto-tow pag-uwi. Palagay ko ang pinaka-posibleng mangyari e mabali yung dugtungan ng steering rod sa crossjoint pag sinabak mo sa heavy off-roading.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Pajero Freak,

Akala ko akin lang yun ganung problem. I have 3 friends with similar models din pero wala naman ganitong problema. Actually malambot nga talaga. Ewan ko ba natsambahan ako ng may problema. Budget ko kasi mga 20k.

What's your personal opinion about my plan. Sana makuha sa budget and sana lumambot na yun steering ko during parking. Akin kasi sobra tigas sometimes.

Sana talaga,

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Pajero Freak,

Do you plan to change the whole PS and etc. also.

I have 3 friends na same model and also converted pero malambot naman when parking. At first I thought na hindi lang aligned yun gearbox. Pero yun nga same problem as yours toyota ang gearbox.

Sana pasok sa 20k lang lahat ng palit parts and labor. At least safer na... and pwede na rin offroad minsa...

Comments please:wink:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Pajero Freak,

Sana 20k lang ang total gastos ko para sa steering.

Sana rin may mahanap ako sa blumentritt. Am planning to go tom before seeing ferdie.

Thanks pre, sana maayos ko and sana lumambot:lol:

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Pajero Freak,

Sana pasok lahat sa 20k.

Actually plan ko is to go to blumentritt this AM and canvass for parts after am planning to visit ferdie for his comments.

May plano ka rin ba ichange all?

And worry ko lang baka hindi ko mahanap all parts, anyway I have to ask Sir PSG to help me out.

Thansk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lancelot, suggest ko daan ka rin muna kay Ferdie for assessment. OK yung plano mo na ibalik lahat sa original. Yan rin plano ko I've lined it up as my next project. Keep us updated and good luck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Power Steering Problem