New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ride: Pajero. Problem: Steering box developed seal leak. For the next two weeks pinatakbo ko na nagtataka kung ano yung umuungol everytime pinipipihit yung manubela. Mas malakas ang tunog pag mas matindi ang pihit. Naisip ko wala lang baka may sumasayad lang na bakal sa steering shaft. I didn't even mind the fact that it made noise even when you're standing still. As long as the steering wheel is turned.

I brought it to Servitek this morning and they discovered the leaking steering box. (Akala ko kasi yung tulo sa ilalim ng sasakyan for the past two weeks is from another car). They topped off the reservoir. Isang bote ng steering fluid and naubos. The noise they said was coming from the steering pump.

After topping up, the noise subsided. But, it's still there, although at a lower volume. Next week I plan to have the steering box disassembled and the seals fixed, para di ako bili ng bili ng power steering fluid. My question is: may tama na ba yung steering pump ko and will it need eventual replacement? Mahal ba ito? Yung lang steering box they told me to get a surplus one instead of repairing. Mga 7 thou daw surplus nakupo!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm :roll: ... another PS question. Hindi po 7T ang gear box, 11T po :shock:, nagtanong na si Kimpoy sa Kapalangan, Ako sa Blumentritt 12T. My suggestion is for you to replace the oil seals , 2.5T lang ang orig and 700 ang replacement. Clean, replace seals and bleed hen ayos na yan. And take two aspirin in the morning. :wink:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The PSG (power steering god) has spoken.

pajero freak,

Baka gusto mo kay Alfred na lang magpagawa.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup! basta PS, Alfred's the man! :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi po sa akin, sa cousin ko.helper lang po ako. :wink:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Afrasay, pwedeng humingi ng address niyo sir kung saan pwede dalhin yung paje? Thanks for all of your replies guys!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajero freak,

+639178971170 ang hotline to the power steering god.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Otep, salamat ng marami! I'll contact him.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep::: PS GOD na pala si Alfred!!! Kala ko PS GURU lang hehehehe :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kapapalit ko lang ng repair kit ng PS gearbox. P2,300 sa coltline. It's OEM. Sa casa P3,395. Result : no more fluid drip, even steering niya unlike before na may "soft spots" when turning the steering wheel and a more lighter feel even during idling.

Na offset naman yun gastos kasi nabili yun 4 pcs. michelins M+S ko for P3.2T.

Kapapalit ko lang ng repair kit ng PS gearbox. P2,300 sa coltline. It's OEM. Sa casa P3,395. Result : no more fluid drip, even steering niya unlike before na may "soft spots" when turning the steering wheel and a more lighter feel even during idling.

Na offset naman yun gastos kasi nabili yun 4 pcs. michelins M+S ko for P3.2T.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
power steering problem