New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    My sedona has 3,800 kms pa lang. Pero twice na ako nag refill sa power steering fluid ko kasi umabot ng minimum level. Had it checked wala naman tulo. Called up the Kia agent that sold me the car and wala pang feedback. Is this normal?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Altec

Mine is a 2001 Carnival and we both have the same engine. My power steering fluid has the same level ever since I got it. There is definitely a problem with your power steering system.

A normal power steering level will move from full to a slightly lower level when your engine is running. However, when you check your fluid level with the engine off (normally in the morning) it should be in the full level.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    altec,

also had the same problem regarding the ps fluid level reaching minimum. definitely there's a leak somewhere. the sources of possible leak are:

1. rack & pinion (oil seals)
    2. power steering high pressure hose (crimping of hose)

under warranty pa naman carnival mo. dalhin mo na kagad

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    altec...

after parking your car for the night, place some newspaper sheets on the floor underneath your engine...

in the morning, check if there are leaks... power steering fluid is somewhat colored red...

p.s. moving this thread to the workshop...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did you guys turn the wheels while checking it? A leaking P/S system will rarely leak if you don't move the steering wheel so the system will have pressure.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Ok. Will bring it to the shop on friday. There is no tulo sa garahe ko,maybe as otep said it won't leak kung walang pressure. Will try to switch on the car and leave it in the garage for a few minutes while turning the wheel. Yung cup holder din sa left captain's chair nag misalign din so sabay ko na rin. Will keep you posted.

Power Steering Fluid