New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    What is more PRACTICAL for all-weather all-surface everyday driving without much compromise in performance?

Example: BFG AT or Yokohama AT-S vs. Cooper Discoverer STT

AT parin.. basta MT, compromised ang braking distance mo on paved roads..plus the noise!

AT maingay din at high paved road speed, pero grabe mas maingay ang MT...

ako, pinaka OK sa akin are yoko geolandar ATs...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    If you go off-roading and can afford it, have two sets of tires. A set of H/T tires for daily all around driving. And another set of M/T (Maximum Traction) tires for off-road use.

If you go off-roading but can't afford to get two sets, get Cooper Discoverer STTs. Okay for daily highway driving and also capable for off-road us. Though not really as good as an M/T tire like a Dueler because it has larger lands and smaller voids.

If you don't go off-roading, then just get H/T tires.

Personally, if you go occasionally go off-roading, I find A/T tires a poor compromise. They are quite useless off-road. I would rather go for M/Ts.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I've had my BFG A/T for over 72K km and no problems whatsoever, just make sure you rotate regularly. It probably has another 72K km left in it since the threads are still more than 60%.

I wouldn't say A/T's are useless off road it just depends on the type of terrain you are off-roading. If you do more street driving than off-roading then the A/T would be the best choice as long as you are not using it for deep mud.

Check this site to get reviews of the tire you want.
    http://www.offroaders.com/
    Last edited by redorange; January 21st, 2009 at 08:29 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    What is more PRACTICAL for all-weather all-surface everyday driving without much compromise in performance?

Go for BFG A/Ts.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post

Go for BFG A/Ts.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    ...I wouldn't say A/T's are useless off road. It just depends on the type of terrain you are off-roading.
    You're right. I should have qualified. What I meant was extreme off-roading.

Kung ordinary off-road use lang, pwede pa naman A/T. Though it would have a more difficult time compared to a similar rig using M/T.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    If you go off-roading and can afford it, have two sets of tires. A set of H/T tires for daily all around driving. And another set of M/T (Maximum Traction) tires for off-road use.

If you go off-roading but can't afford to get two sets, get Cooper Discoverer STTs. Okay for daily highway driving and also capable for off-road us. Though not really as good as an M/T tire like a Dueler because it has larger lands and smaller voids.

If you don't go off-roading, then just get H/T tires.

Personally, if you go occasionally go off-roading, I find A/T tires a poor compromise. They are quite useless off-road. I would rather go for M/Ts.
    Sir,

Would you happen to know where these tires are available and for how much? My truck run 80% road and 20% off road (near the extreme), including a long (15-20 minute) river cross.

I appreciate your comments and love your rides!

Cheers!

Blaster

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hi Blaster! You can post your question at the 4x4ph.com forum. There are a lot of tire sellers there. Good luck!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    mga sir tanong ko lang on how will you know when to rotate your tires let say in a new tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pick up Tires: All-Terrain vs. "soft" Mud-Terrain