New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The usual changes if the pump and the power steering assembly (if I am right). AE101 wil have bolt on because of the XE, GLI models have this stock.....getting the parts na lang.....ang talyer na alam ko is in Angeles Pamp (sori dudes)....

I wouldn't suggest going on the low budget mechanics.....kung masira ang steering mo saan ka kaya pupulutin o buhay ka pa kaya later?......so better get a reliable shop (not necessarily cheap nga lang) and get quotes or ask them how are they going to convert it. I was kayo sa cut-weld people.

The estimate I got for my starlet is about P3-5K on parts and labor is around P2K. But I have have it done so I'm not sure kun yun lang nga.

Kung wala kang budget and would really want an improvement, I suggest you change your front tire to a thinner one (7") and shy away from the thick mags. Then inflate it properly, honestly, the AE101 (or any newer model cars) are better to steer than a pick-up without a power steering or an oldschool rear-wheel drive car.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buy kana lng ng original na surplus sa banawe, para mdyo maka mura ka, kasi pag nag orig ka na power steering mahal sbra..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Originally posted by falken_09
    buy kana lng ng original na surplus sa banawe, para mdyo maka mura ka, kasi pag nag orig ka na power steering mahal sbra..
    Do you know where exactly in banawe?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by wildthing
    I wouldn't suggest going on the low budget mechanics.....kung masira ang steering mo saan ka kaya pupulutin o buhay ka pa kaya later?......so better get a reliable shop (not necessarily cheap nga lang) and get quotes or ask them how are they going to convert it. I was kayo sa cut-weld people.
    Not all expensive shops are reliable. More often than not, yung 'red tape' ang binabayaran mo. You don't even deal with the shops owner in most cases. Puro tauhan lang niya.

Better go to someone you actually know and who will actually care (may malasakit kumbaga).

My vote goes to ferdie.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    ill try to keep those in mind people. thanks for all the nice suggestions. im off to banawe this weekend to buy parts. any ideas what specific parts do i need? bili ako ng orig surplus siguro.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ae101, di ba yan yung corolla pagkatapos ng big body? sayang di ka umabot. nung lumabas ang ae111 di ba 1.8 and 1.6 na yun nagmanufacture pa rin sila ng ae101 na 1.3 pero standard na ang PS. kasi yung barkada ko may taxi fleet sya ae101 xl pero may PS na.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You need the power steering pump, the bracket and the hydraulic lines and reservoir. Ano pa ba mga peeps?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

my friend just converted his Mazda 323 LX without power steering, he just used a power steering unit of another Mazda 323 with power steering. Pinakabit lang nya sa house nila, with just 1 mechanic na home service. 2 days nya natapos. If more mechanics, baka less than a day lang.

9. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    siguro hanap ako sa banawe ng power steering assembly ng mga gli or xe. tapos pakabit ko na lang sa mekaniko namen.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto po mga surplus shops and their contact #s:

Autobuff Motor Sales
    Address: 655-B&C Banawe St., QC
    Phone: 7111372, 4153610
    Description:
    Dealer of Brand New, Surplus Parts and Accessories.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

LR Cinco Enterprises
    Address: 1009-A Aurora Blvd., Quezon City; 662 Banawe St., Quezon City
    Phone: 9111168, 9120829; 7123852
    Email: cincoent*info.com.ph
    Description:
    Importer/Dealer of Japan Surplus Engines, Spare Parts, Trucks & Heavy Equipment.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Nankai Motor Parts
    Address: 37-J Banawe cor. Dapitan Sts., QC
    Phone: 7427827, 7323542, 4125005
    Description:
    Dealer in all kinds of Japan Surplus
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Sakurai Motor Parts
    Address: 385-F Banawe St., Quezon City
    Phone: 7430304, 4101803
    Description:
    Japanese Surplus Parts, Engines and Body Parts Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Mazda, Isuzu, Suzuki
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Synetic Trading Japan
    Address: 484 Salcedo II Noveleta, Cavite City, Cavite
    Phone: 0916-425-0415
    Email: glarson*att.ne.jp
    Description:
    Direct importer of surplus engines and parts from Japan.
    They carry both gasoline and diesel engines, body parts, compressors, evaporators, struts, radiators, etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
pawis steering convertion