New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hi
    Paging patrol safari gurus ! hehe. Can anyone help me with my 93 safari? I want to compare my cars ride with another safari with GOOD suspensions. I have no idea kung ok pa ba ride ko or not cuz walang comparison. Medyo matagtag na kasi and im not sure kung ganyan na ba talaga or can improve pa. HIghway driving ok naman smooth pero kung may potholes na shaky. On village humps , when your sitting at the back seat mafefeel mo yung hard thump once the car goes over the hump. parng pinalo ka sa likod.Had old man emu shocks installed pero the guys at the store still insist on changing the coil springs rin. gaganda pa daw yung ride. ( nde ba titigas pa lalo yung springs cuz bago ? ) They say that bec sagging na the new shocks have less room to play.

On one side people say that....
    -matibay springs ng patrol no need to change
    -baka yung type of tire lang matigas kaya matagtag
    - visual inspection ok pa naman de ganun ka sag
    - had it checked sa numerous shops and casa ok pa naman daw.

On the other naman....
    - sagging na daw springs according to RATS4x4 guys will improve ride if i change them - dont know kung marketing lang pero according to reputable shops na pinacheck ko OK pa naman daw no need to change

How do i improve the ride? Or ganito na ba talaga yung ride to begin with? Sorry nakalimutan ko na yung feeling nung brand new pa to e bata pako nun haha. Baka i can meet with safari owners here sa tsikot na willing to checkout my car? test drive? Want to get this over with para wala na doubts in my head kung gaganda pa ba yung ride or normal nato. Thanks!

PS posted this again in this section baka mas appropriate than posting it sa nissan section

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Change the strut's or shock on all 4 wheel maybe they are all worn out which is normal with that age of your Patrol. Dont change the spring.

Patrol suspension rough or normal lang?