New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi guys, tanong ko lang po kung paano pinapataas yung kotse, naka kia sportage '96 model ako, medyo mababa na yung shock nya sa kalumaan, gusto ko sanang pataasan kahit 5 inch. yung suspension nya sa harap ay naka coil springs at may hydrolic shock sa gitna, sa likod naman magkahiwalay yung dalawa. ano ba dapat kong gawin?. bumili ng shock or iadjust lang? or kung bibili naman ako, adjustable ba ito at cheap? ok lang kahit medyo ricey kung mataas, basta maganda yung shock, at hindi kumakalampag kapag nalulubak. thanks po, wala ako masyadong alam sa mga kotse e,. thanks tsikoteer!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's sagging, your springs are worn out. If it's bouncing, that's the shocks. Replace the rear springs... and if it becomes too bouncy, then replace the rear shocks.

I'm not familiar with the rear suspension layout of the Sportage. Is it a live-axle with coil springs? If so, you can achieve additional lift with rubber lifters in the mounts, but I don't advise doing this until you sort out the other problems, first.
    Last edited by niky; January 24th, 2010 at 09:17 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I think the problem of my car is the shock, because It's bouncy when I'm driving on rough terrain. what do you think should I do? ...and how can I increase the ground clearance of my ride without changing the tires? is the suspension of kia sportage is adjustble or do I need to replace the whole assembly(shock, coilspring etc) or just the shock only,. and can you tell me more about the rubber lifters? sorry if there is already thread about this.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sagging is usually springs... but if it's unnaturally bouncy, that's your shocks nga. I'd change the shocks first, see if that fixes it. If not, you might want to scout for springs.

Lifters are simply rubber donuts placed between the coil spring and the mount. They're cheap and simple ways of lifting the vehicle 1-2 inches. I don't know if they're stable enough to do 5.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir spacers lang needed to lift the sportage. But 5 inches? hindi kaya ng suspension ng sportage na ganyan ka taas na lift masisira ang ibang parts. the most that you can do is 1.5-2" maximum plus 235/75R15 tires on stock rims lang so that there will be no rubbing.

pa fabricate ka ng spacers sa front on top of the struts and sa rear coil spring spacer lang on top of the coils. plus you need to change to longer shocks sa rear to compensate for the lift. total cost around 10k with ordinary shocks na sa rear.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sir naka 235/75 R15 na ako. spacers? never heard of it, un ba yung rubber lifters? by the way, di pala 5 inch, masyado palang mataas yun, ngayon ko lang narealize, cguro mga 2-3 inch lang. di ba pwedeng bumili ng bagong shocks na mas mataas at di nalang palitan yung coil springs? or kaliangang lahat palit?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sakaling magpalit ka ng coil springs, gusto ko rin sanang bilhin kung balak mo ring ibenta yon. Gagamitin ko for my Sportage 1995.

paano pataasin yung kotse/suspension