New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Patulong mga chong:

We recently got a '04 Ford Everest which came with Old Man Emu shocks from Ford Makati (for free ). I noticed the fronts were drooping low so i asked for the torsion bars to be adjusted back to the original height before i took the car home. The CASA said that they can't as "ganun daw talaga adjustment pag naka-Old Man Emu" (meaning, di pwede itaas yung torsion bar, even just to the original height setting); parang di ko ma gets kung bakit since those aftermarket shocks should be able to take even higher suspension adjustments since they're built for off-road applications.

Most likely I'll just have my suking suspension/alignment shop do the torsion bar adjustment for me; will there be any problems on the part of the OME shocks if I do so as the CASA told me or are they just giving out BS (which i think they are) since ayaw na nila mag-adjust?

Just wanna be sure.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think its set that way because it will make the ride softer.

Cranking it up and level will not do harm to your OME's but you will lose some of the cushiness.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, cranking up ur torsion bar will make the ride harder kaya siguro the casa didn't suggest cranking it up.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Or baka gusto ng casa na ma-feel mo ang lambot ng OME kaya 'dinapa' nila torsion bars mo.

Level naman ang mga Everest na lumalabas sa Ford factory.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama, they offer the OME shocks option to help address the ride concerns of the clients... I'm more concerned with the ride sa rear then sa front naman so malamang deretso na ako sa pag-raise ng T-Bars by next week (just lift it up by half an inch or so para mabalik sa near-stock height).

Out of the factory, pantay nga yung front at rear kaya napansin ko agad na mababa yung sa amin even before seeing that it had the OME shocks on.

Kelangan pa ba ng wheel alignment if the T-Bars are cranked up?

6. jagxtrm Guest
    i'm an everest owner ... so far satisfied pa naman sa tagtag ng shocks ko (OEM shocks, not OME). pantay naman yng front and rear levels sa akin.

vinj, nakapag test drive ka ba ng everest with OEM shocks and another everest na may OME? dun mo kc makikita ang difference in terms of ride comfort. also, yng OEM na shocks ng everest mo binigay ba sayo o kinuha ng casa?

nung nag test drive ako 9 months ago, sinabi ng sales agent sa akin na OEM shocks yng nakakabit, kaya feeling 'bouncy' cya pag dumaan sa humps,

nung bumili ako ng everest 4x2 m/t .. they offered me yng OME shocks, pero sabi ko pag nasira na lng ang shocks ng everest saka ako magpapalit ng OME shocks (costs around 25k for whole set). kng free sana yun, kukunin ko na lng yng OME shocks tapos itatabi ko muna hanggang malaspag yng OEM shocks ... hehehe :D

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    its a lot of BS! as long as there is still enough travel on the front suspension its OK!

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Baka naman dahil sa lambot ng EMU shocks kaya bumaba ang fornt ng everest?
    Pero yong front malambot naman yong rear ang matigas yan yong feel ko ng mag test drive ako. Lumambot ba yong ride sa rear pag oldmanEMU shocks na?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    its a lot of BS! as long as there is still enough travel on the front suspension its OK!
    I should print this page and send it to them.

JagXtrm, i got to test drive the 4x4 model with the stock shocks also... there is a difference indeed, notably when you hit the larger bumps and humps (you don't get jarred as much). We were deciding between getting a 4x2 a/t or 4x4 m/t but the plate ending of the 4x4 would conflict w/ another car at home (both were '04 used units being sold by Ford Makati).

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Shocks any brand except for coil overs does not determine the ride height, it is the springs/torsion/leafs that determine the ride height.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
OME Shocks and Torsion Bar Adjustment