New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll stick to the... Hype Hype Hype Hype on non-track/sport driving use.

placebo for most.
    Last edited by theveed; August 1st, 2006 at 11:26 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i tried it on my patrol. didn't notice the improvement in fuel economy. it also did not improve the riding comfort -- my main reason in trying nitro.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon
    available yung nitrogen sa bridgestone * the fort. 100 per tire.
    mahal din pala noh?!? kala ko mga P50/tire lang. di bale, try ko parin.. ma-experience lang!

Sa Cruven, I've talked to Almond and ask kung pede yung nitro that they've been using to inject in the gas-converted shocks, sabe nya, high-grade nitro daw yun, di pede.. pero dame na raw nagtatanong regarding dun, nag-request nga ako, possible naman daw, baka sakaling pumayag si Mr. Claro, hehe!

Sana merong 'helium' (as if!?!)... para magaan!!!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi
    100 petot per tire? hmm....
    ....baka depende rin sa size ng gulong. mas mura ata sa MINERVA westgate alabang.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    pagnagpalagay ka ng nitrogen sa gulong ano ang initial nilang ginagawa? vinavacuum ba nila kasi kung kakargahan lang ng nitrogen ang gulong pagkatapos pasingawin edi meron nang ambient air it at idedelute lang ng nitrogen na ipapasok nila, hindi rin pure nitrogen ang nasa loob nito.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's what Bridgestone's F1 Technical Manager has to say about that:

Q: Is air used to inflate an F1 tire just like a road car?

A: When we fit a tyre, we're using normal air. Some teams change to nitrogen by themselves. I don't believe that it makes a huge difference, as long as they are not dry.
    Hehe.

For F1 racing, they use Nitrogen to control the tire pressure since they adjust it by 1/4 psi increments.

For aviation, they use Nitrogen since the tires are subjected to extreme heat & cold plus the tire pressure is 10x as that of a regular passenger tire.

For heavy equipments, ditto on higher tire pressure... plus it also helps to preserve the tire (since they just retread them for like forever).

But for a street car? Pure marketing H-Y-P-E!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, there are a lot of people who are willing to pay for hype naman kaya nabubuhay mga ganyan na "racing" products hehe.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally, the one benefit (and only benefit) I noticed is constant pressure, no matter what the conditions.

Ride comfort? The same.

Fuel Economy? The same. BUT: in cold conditions, tire pressure doesn't go down as much, so economy doesn't degrade as much.

Worth it? It's more convenient than conventional air, but also less convenient if you live too far away from filling points or if you have to go out of your way to get there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

based on the intrinsic characteristic of nitrogen vis-a-vis air for inflating tyres, IMHO, the main reason why one should use nitrogen is for the constant pressure it will give you. Normal pressurized air will vary around 1.7psi from cold to hot and vice versa.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    based on the intrinsic characteristic of nitrogen vis-a-vis air for inflating tyres, IMHO, the main reason why one should use nitrogen is for the constant pressure it will give you. Normal pressurized air will vary around 1.7psi from cold to hot and vice versa.
    Hear hear. I also don't go with the fuel savings + tire tread wear savings thingie. yes, it would give you savings (a very small percentage) but it's more of not going to the gas station every so often to check your tire pressure. It's widely known that 80% of car tires are inflated insufficiently.

I filled up my tires with n2, and it's been 3 months, and there's still no change in the tire pressure.

autotechnika fort also has n2 for tires. P50/tire. www.autotechnika.com.ph

a little bit of info:

1. you can only use 95% nitrogen for tires. the inside of tires always need a little moisture, because dry nitrogen would make the rubber brittle in the long term. check with your tire shops if they use 99% nitrogen >> this could be bad for your tire.

2.Racing cars use n2 because when you run high speed, the water vapor inside the tires can turn into steam, which expands and can up the risk of a tire blowout.
    Last edited by torque2006; August 28th, 2006 at 09:08 AM. Reason: typos

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Nitrogen for Tires [Merged]