New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hindi kasi ako nag babasa eh. hahaha ok bro sakto kasi andito lang ako malapit sa pasay taft. saktong sakto talaga

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Try mo din magpaquote sa zafra malapit sa mandaluyong city hall hanapin mo si Tommy. Maganda quality ng replacement parts na ginagamit nila and pinapapalitan lang nya kung talagang may sira.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Pasay Taft , isa o dalawang kanto from EDSA, patungong Libertad ang mga auto supply. canvass ka duon. Meron din sa kabila, patungong Baclaran. Good luck..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rapide pala yan eh.
    but to give you an estimate cost:

one front shock absorber (KYB) costs around 2.5-3.5k
    stab clamp bushing costs at most 1.5k.
    stab link assembly cost around 5k at most.
    shock boot costs around 800 pesos each.

try mo dalahin kay Zee o kay Cruven.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hahahaha... Rapide at it's finest indeed!

First and foremost, get a second opinion from another shop (Servitek, Motech, etc.). If you can drive to Banawe, that is a good option for a one time, big time suspension repair job and you have to buy the parts. You can try Wheelers Suspension Haus there for the repairs (although i'd go elsewhere for the alignment work afterwards).

For KYB shocks, set aside around 10K to 12K if you have to change all fours in your ES Civic. If you change the stab links, you may want to change your tie-rods and rack ends as well. Check na rin your balljoints. 555 is a good brand and this will not even go over 8-10K from your suking tindahan in Banawe or Pasay. You may want to repack your CV joints as well if you already have the suspension brought down... pang preventive maintenance na rin.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Sir nakabili naba kayo saka saan. Ako kailangan ko narin magpalit ng shocks ng altis. Nalala ko din yang rapide grabe sila dyan walang sira kotse mo nagkakaroon ng sira. Di ko na nga tinuloy ung free brake pads isipin mo everytime ka magpalit ng pads gusto reface ung rotor mo. Tapos dami gusto palitan pinasok ko sa casa sabi ng casa di naman daw dapat palitan ung mga sinabi nila.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    nakapag canvass na ko kanina sa pasay taft sir ok na ba presyo nito?

kyb shocks front = 5,200
    kyb shocks rear = 2,200
    555 stab link = 650
    bushing = 350
    labor
    total = 6,200x2=12,400 + 2,000(labor and machine)
    overall: P18,800

Mas mahal pala yung shocks sa harap kesa sa likod.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Try mo daw mycar motorparts sa pasay taft.!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi everyone. Longtime lurker suddenly needing help. My problem is similar to TS, so I decided not to start my own thread.

Need help on suspension repairs for a 2004 Ford Lynx. Had it assessed by a Ford Casa, and they gave me a list of what needs to be replaced.
    - Front left and right stabilizer links
    - Front left and right stabilizer link bushings
    - Front left and right lower arm assembly
    - Rear left and right spacer
    - Rear left and right shock absorbers
    - Rear left and right shock mountings
    - Rear left and right stabilizer links
    - Rear stabilizer link bushings

I'll not even mention the quoted cost for parts at Ford. Baka matawa lang kayo. Any recommendations on how to go about this? Thanks, Tsikot.

edit - by the way, from the South ako, so baka may alam kayong closer here than Banawe or Pasay. Thanks again.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicotoy View Post
    Hi everyone. Longtime lurker suddenly needing help. My problem is similar to TS, so I decided not to start my own thread.

Need help on suspension repairs for a 2004 Ford Lynx. Had it assessed by a Ford Casa, and they gave me a list of what needs to be replaced.
    - Front left and right stabilizer links
    - Front left and right stabilizer link bushings
    - Front left and right lower arm assembly
    - Rear left and right spacer
    - Rear left and right shock absorbers
    - Rear left and right shock mountings
    - Rear left and right stabilizer links
    - Rear stabilizer link bushings

I'll not even mention the quoted cost for parts at Ford. Baka matawa lang kayo. Any recommendations on how to go about this? Thanks, Tsikot.

edit - by the way, from the South ako, so baka may alam kayong closer here than Banawe or Pasay. Thanks again.
    you can go at Servitek Alabang or Minerva Alabang.
    or kung budget mode ka, Cruven Sucat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast