New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    yep, i was referring to your stock tires

actually, Geolandars are best for off roads, having said that, your ride becomes rougher and stiffer compared with P-rated tires. SUV suspensions are designed and better equipped to handle those types of ride conditions compared to AUVs (like revo and innova).

at least as a consolation, with geolandars you get a more puncture resistant tire and handle towing heavy loads
    Last edited by ZENMasterTYL; August 8th, 2012 at 10:48 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks Sir ZENMaster for your inputs, now I understand better. After gathering all I've learned so far, here are the two tires in question and my reasons to get them:

Yokohama A-drive (215/55R16)
    - Better ride quality for paved roads to compensate for AUV's rough and stiff suspensions
    - Better grip on paved roads compared to truck tires
    - Less tire and road noise
    - Lower rolling resistance
    - Same type as my AUV stock tires

Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S (215/60R16)
    - Even if I'll only be using my AUV for paved roads, puncture resistance is always a plus especially for Philippine roads
    - Even if I don't use my AUV to haul heavy stuff, there is such option open just in case without any worries
    - This variant (H/T-S) is specifically made for on-road use and maximize on-road ride comfort
    - Better tire in cornering, less sidewall flex, to compensate AUV's high center of gravity and also less squeal
    - More aggressive treads look better
    - I don't mind tire and road noise at all

if you're in my place, which would you choose?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Go for the Geolandars.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go for the cheapest one, as long as it will serve your needs, hinde ka naman mag race that you need special features that will help you win ng more expensive tires.

Papareho Lang yan. Stock tires nga nabuhuhay ng 3 years eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverspitz View Post
    Thanks Sir ZENMaster for your inputs, now I understand better. After gathering all I've learned so far, here are the two tires in question and my reasons to get them:

Yokohama A-drive (215/55R16)
    - Better ride quality for paved roads to compensate for AUV's rough and stiff suspensions
    - Better grip on paved roads compared to truck tires
    - Less tire and road noise
    - Lower rolling resistance
    - Same type as my AUV stock tires

Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S (215/60R16)
    - Even if I'll only be using my AUV for paved roads, puncture resistance is always a plus especially for Philippine roads
    - Even if I don't use my AUV to haul heavy stuff, there is such option open just in case without any worries
    - This variant (H/T-S) is specifically made for on-road use and maximize on-road ride comfort
    - Better tire in cornering, less sidewall flex, to compensate AUV's high center of gravity and also less squeal
    - More aggressive treads look better
    - I don't mind tire and road noise at all

if you're in my place, which would you choose?
    if i have to choose between those 2, i'd go for geolandar

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks so much guys, I'm now more confident in my coming purchase!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    If you are choosing Yokohama, go to Yokohama Service Centers near you. You'll get huge discount plus you'll get the fresh batch. I always buy my tires from Yokohama Service Center in Commonwealth and I always gets the fresh batch and huge discount.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverspitz View Post
    Thanks so much guys, I'm now more confident in my coming purchase!
    Bro if it's not late, BStone may promo afaik. Might want to check on it. Quality is on par with Yokohama naman.

Just my 2 cents.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks Mile2, good thing you gave me a heads up, I almost forgot we have yokohama tire centers around, I was almost ready to get the set from Banawe.

You're right Ry_Tower, Bridgestone Duelers are good, my parents have an Isuzu Alterra with Dueler H/T as stock, there are pretty good. My only concerns are, first, Duelers cost a bit more, second, the tire size I'm eyeing for is 215/60R16, which Duelers and Latitudes do not have available sizes of, hehehe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need help and feedback, planning to buy Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S