New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Can I convert my mazda 323 to power steering? How much will it cost? Can you recommend who can do this well? Thanks...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    you must have a 323 box type 1.3 liter engine?
    the 323 box type with 1.6 liter engine already has power steering.

you would need a power steering pump, and a steering rack. the PS pump can be found surplus, but the rack cannot (meron nang steering rack sa banawe, pero pang RHD kasi ex-Japan). feeling ko baka aabutin pa ng 20,000 lahat. go to http://www.protegetech.org and ask your question there, mas maraming alam mga tao dun

(ang alam ko nga kahit yung 1.3 na 323 box type power steering na eh)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas logical kung transplant ka nalang ng 1.6 kasama yung PS.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    david,
    yes i thought of that, transplanting a 1.6 engine, they're relatively cheap.
    the problem is that, you also need a new steering rack which is power-capable. plus, mas malakas gasoline consumption ng 1.6 engine.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Mine is a 1993 mazda 323. The reason why I want to convert, medyo mabigat ang manubela, compared with the other manual steering cars. Is it practical to convert? Please advise.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in most cases kasi di practical mag convert... a lot of XL (corolla) owners have asked the same question, pretty much makes more sense to sell the XL and get an XE instead for those guys.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Has anyone converted to power steering? Please share your experience. If you've done this on Mazda 323, the better. Thanks...

Mazda 323 - Convert to power steering