New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I body lifted my 4x2 frontier by 3" installed a set of rims with negative off set, the 30" tires is protruding by a 3/4 inch. Lagi na lang na sisira lower balljoint, mga 3 months lang. But I must take consideration regarding sa road condition na travel ko, ginagawa kasi yung hiway so rough road yung lugar. I usually drive aroung 30 to 40 km/h pag patag yung lugar sa mga area na malalim yung yung MUD HOLES syempre minor ako. Nag kakaroon lagi ng sqeeking sound pag lilikko at mag bounce and front wheels. Pina greasing ko muna pero hindi ma wala. May negative effect kaya yung rims ko?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    I would suggest changing the uppers as well. It is suggested to change both upper and lower at the same time. Stress from the lower ball joints can cause the upper to become worn as well and in a few weeks you could end up back to replace the upper ball joints. You might as well need to change the original camber into adjustable one and I would think the shocks would need replacing as well this is what causes the ball joints to fail most of the time. Get a "Rancho shock" they are specialized in lift truck. Good luck!

Anyway, its the price you've got when you want more.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    tnx for the advice v6dreamer, actually napalitan na rin pala ng gas type shocks yung s front few months ago kaya medyo stiff ang ride. Pag na sira uli yung lower bal joints for replace na rin yung upper. Ang upper bushing sa arm twice na rin na palitan in a years time.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ids View Post
    tnx for the advice v6dreamer, actually napalitan na rin pala ng gas type shocks yung s front few months ago kaya medyo stiff ang ride. Pag na sira uli yung lower bal joints for replace na rin yung upper. Ang upper bushing sa arm twice na rin na palitan in a years time.
    You may visit this site. Perhaps giving you more idea.

[SIZE=3]PerformanceLifts.com -- CST 2004-2009 Nissan Titan 8" Lift - 2wd![/SIZE]
    ... stop online off-road suspension lift and accessory store - featuring products by ... A common problem with lifted trucks is upper control arm ball joint wear. ...
    www.performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/CSTTITAN.html

May negative effect ba sa suspension pag nag negative offset ka sa rims?