New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hello everyone! Im new here and just recently bought a stock B13 and I want to lower it by maybe 1-1.5 inch and buy a 205/40-16 tire set to make it look good.Im not sure about the offset measurement thou. Here are my questions:
    1. About lowering, should I buy a set of lowering springs, is it ok to use the stock shocks or instead buy gas shocks and have it align?
    2. About the tire, 205/40 means what? and 205/45? I know 16 is the rim diameter? What would be the correct offset considering it will be lowered by 1-1.5 inch?
    3. Are the set-up I have mentioned above are correct? say the 1-1.5 inch lowering + 205/40-16 tires n rim?

Thank you in advance for those who will reply and help me. I appreciate.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlks26 View Post
    Hello everyone! Im new here and just recently bought a stock B13 and I want to lower it by maybe 1-1.5 inch and buy a 205/40-16 tire set to make it look good.Im not sure about the offset measurement thou. Here are my questions:
    1. About lowering, should I buy a set of lowering springs, is it ok to use the stock shocks or instead buy gas shocks and have it align?
    2. About the tire, 205/40 means what? and 205/45? I know 16 is the rim diameter? What would be the correct offset considering it will be lowered by 1-1.5 inch?
    3. Are the set-up I have mentioned above are correct? say the 1-1.5 inch lowering + 205/40-16 tires n rim?

Thank you in advance for those who will reply and help me. I appreciate.

TIRES:

Example:
    205/40/16

205 is the width of the tires
    40 is the sidewall the smaller the number the thinner the side wall.

You might wanna measure your wheels on how wide it is then post back

i
    In regards to lowering the less fender gap the better. looks good too!
    Also 1-1.5 isnt that much so i think youll be fine

anong wheels mo pala?

if you can put swaybars on your car it will also help with the handling

the shocks you can run with regular shocks pro it might be bouncy. If you have budget for gas shocks then go for that

Lowering and Mag wheels