New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hi Guys,

I'm planning to lower my car and hope will not going to suffer the comfort and handling. Is this possible? I'm planning to install lowering spring with shocks suspension kit, that would be good enough? or do I need to change more parts? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Handling will most likely improve specially in cornering....but ride comfort? This will definitely suffer specially when you go through not so smooth roads, potholes and speed bumps.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    There are lowering springs that will ride rougher and there are those that will ride smoother.

The key is the SPRING RATE. Key thing to remember: The higher the spring rate, the stiffer the ride.

It helps if you know the spring rate of your stock springs. Or at least try to know how much higher the spring rate of your lowering springs will be vs. stock. For this you need to do some research.

Tanabe for instance has three lines of lowering springs, differentiated by their spring rate characteristics.
    NF210 - "normal feeling". Lowers the car 1.5" but offers the least increase in spring rate, around 5%
    DF210 - "dress-up form". Lowers the car 2", offers about 10% spring rate increase
    GF210 - "grip feeling". Lowers the car 1.5" but offers the highest increase in spring rate, about 20-25%

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    thanks guys for the input.. so lowering spring is enough to lower my car. how bout shocks? do i need to change it to match with the lowering springs? may nabasa kasi ako na madali daw masira ung stock shock kapag nakalowering spring na. Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Please provide information for a highly recommendable power steering repair shop near Cavite. SOS

lowering inquiry