New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    there's a loud squealing sound coming only from the left front disc brake of my car and the sound won't go away. bago yung brake pads (bendix). it started to make the noise after the new brake pads were installed.

anyway, after nilinis at na-sand na yung brake pads and the face of the rotor disc itself, nawala yung sound sandali. tapos, nandun na ulit. the guy who took a look at it said that the two sides of the left rotor disc were no longer of the same thickness and it's possible that that is causing the noise. i could not understand why. sabi niya, i might have to change the rotor disc na since mukhang na reface na yung isang face nung rotor disc to the point na manipis na as compared to the other face of the same rotor disc.

is there anyone else here who has encountered this same problem? what is the likelihood that it is the rotor disc given the condition of the rotor disc i described above? what might be other possible causes of noise? thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if the noise was not there before you replaced the pads, then it might be the pads. sabi mo na din, after sanding the pads the noise went away for some time. e di pads na nga.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    My disc brakes also make a sound lalo na pag malamig pa yung brakes, the sound has been there for almost a year now pero pinapabayaan ko na lang (iniisip ko na lang habang rinig ko yung sound gumagana yung preno), nde kasi OEM yung brake pads na binili ko kaya ganun... sa tingin ko yung material ng pads nag c-cause nung noise.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    if the noise was not there before you replaced the pads, then it might be the pads. sabi mo na din, after sanding the pads the noise went away for some time. e di pads na nga.
    oo nga ano! i guess i refuse to believe it's the pads cuz they're suppposed to be good, highly recommended brake pads (bendix). siguro, worse comes to worst, i will replace the pads with another brand before i replace the rotor discs. nagbabakasakali lang ako that someone might have encountered a similar problem at merong ibang explanation for it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_d
    My disc brakes also make a sound lalo na pag malamig pa yung brakes, the sound has been there for almost a year now pero pinapabayaan ko na lang (iniisip ko na lang habang rinig ko yung sound gumagana yung preno), nde kasi OEM yung brake pads na binili ko kaya ganun... sa tingin ko yung material ng pads nag c-cause nung noise.
    hindi naman kaya nagagasgas yung face ng rotor disc mo? kasi, yung akin parang may na linya eh. pero nakuha nang sandpaper.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    kung orig bendix that shouldn't happen.

baka there is some other problem.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    kung orig bendix that shouldn't happen.

baka there is some other problem.

pero what could be causing that squealing sound other than the brake pads nga? the only time it squeals is when i brake. ipagpalit ko kaya yung brake pads just to see? yung squealing brake pad ilalagay ko sa kabilang rotor disc to find out if it will still squeal. does that make sense?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama yan ilipat mo muna sa kabila yung pads para ma-compare mo. good luck!!!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    The mechanic forgot to put grease between the brake pad and thin metal insert. The insert is to make that the brake pad and the caliper is not in a direct contact.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    What lakay said also explains the problem, some local mechanics dont put grease between the brake pad and pad shims. (Molykote M77 Grease is specified for my vehicle)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Loud Squealing Brakes