New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    First it's spelled brake not break. What do you mean you lost your brake? Did the pedal just go to the floor or it just wasn't biting? If your brakes weren't bled correctly then you would have noticed this early on when you press on the pedals it will be soft. What the shop said doesn't make sense and you'd have to find out which brake did not function correctly. If the rear was the problem you should have still had enough braking capacity to stop because 80% of the work is done by the front brakes and only 20% for the rear brakes.
    yeah that's really odd nga.. kasi when i had it checked from another repair shop right after the accident yung rear brakes daw ung hindi pantay. So now im really confused as to how it happened na nawalan talga ng brake. I know for sure that it was really lost coz my distance is a car away before i pressed the brakes. d talga kumakagat.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    mam, please check po yung brake fluid container kung nabawasan or hindi. kung nabawasan, possible may leak ang system. if not, mali ang pag bleeding nya. pero its a good thing wala po nangyaring masama sa inyo...
    thanks testament! yeah thank God im ok and the one i hit. wla damage on his side.

Wala leak according to shell, when the recheck it.. the only odd thing is medyo hindi nakamax ung fluid when i brought it to their shop for rechecking. d ba dapat its still full dahil one week pa lang naman when they had it bled and refilled. Pero sabi nila wla daw talga leak. although they assured me na wala na daw talga problema ung brakes ko after thorough checking, cleaning and adjusting the brakes. I really pray to God that they're right. Kasi medyo traumatic ung nangyari sa kin. nanginginig ako after the accident and medyo paranoid na ko about my brakes. hehe oh well, my only wish is sana sagutin ni shell ung repairs that i have to do for my car. they should take responsibility for that.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Baka nag lock ang isang wheel kaya hindi ka nakapag brake ng sapat.
    May ABS ka ba? Remember once one or more brakes lock spells danger. especially kung wala kang ABS. Also having ABS doesnt guaranty stopping power, its job is to balance all wheels rpm at braking and correct them before it locks.
    alam mo tootsie, i think your explanation is the closest to what could have happened. kasi wala naman leak.. and un din ung theory ng repair man. sabi nga bka nga daw nagstuck ung isang wheel and is still continued turning even if i pressed the brakes. and that's really how i felt when that happened.

What could have caused the lock? wla ako ABS. sabi nung other repair shop which i went to right after the accident, hindi daw pantay ung rear breaks ko.. ung isa daw sobrang higpit and ung isa maluwag. But according to some ppl i talk to 20% lang daw ung impact nun since rear brakes nga. So bkit wla pa ring brakes? Haay.. im really at a lost as to what really caused it. kasi unless that's determined parang im always running the risk of losing my brakes.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Esnie.com View Post
    AFAIK lang sir, i dont think so na tama ang sinabi sa iyo ng shop na kaya lumusot ang break ay hindi daw pantay, kung hindi pantay ang resulta nyon ay malalim ang pag-apak sa break or kung mahigpit ay maninikit naman ang break. At number 1 na reason kaya lumulusot ang break ay sa leak kasi no more pressure to buildup kung may leak na ang break system. or may hangin pa ang linya ng break dahil hindi na-bleed ng maayos.

btw nagbawas ba ng fluid sa master?
    sorry brake ang nasa mindi ko pero break pala naisulat ko hihihi

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It could also be caused by brake fade/glazing. This can easily happen when brake pads are still relatively new and the surface uneven. It is advisable to drive the car slowly and not do any sudden stops for the first 200-300km after replacing the pads to allow the brakes to bed-in.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    baka may leak sir.. kasi kahit hindi pantay yan hihinto pa rin yan.. may laman pa po ba yung master cylinder po ng car nyo na brake fluid? possible baka may hangin sa brake system ng car nyo po..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    hindi kaya may momo? or andyan si JU-ON ng the grudge meow? joke

mam kahit di pantay ng break may preno pa din yun at kahit konti ang brake fluid may preno pa din,,accident lang talaga ang nangyari kung wala naman leak at ayos lahat ng brake sa lahat ng gulong ,may instace siguro nagkakaganyan ang sasakyan ingat na lang po sa susunod then always ready sa engine brake at sabi nga nila keep distance. GOD BLESS
    Last edited by afrasay; April 5th, 2009 at 11:46 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    brake, brake, brake nahawa na yun iba hehehehe...correcting in progress

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    aha naku nahawa na talaga ako

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if there was anything wrong you should have noticed it right away. if the brakes were ok when you left there is no reason for them to fail bigla unless there is a defective part which you said na wala naman.

maybe you just stepped on them too late kaya they didn't have enough time to bite and stop the car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
lost my newly installed brakes from shell customer cradle... :(