New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    gud day to all, help and advice po.

sa pinakahuling talaan ng bilang ko sa loose thread(i mean the thread kung saan po pinapasok yung adoptor ng lug wrench/socket) na mga lug nuts ko ay 2 sets(16x2=32 pcs) and 7 pcs(nakakabit at di matanggal)... di naman po pede ung old stock nuts kase di kasya dun sa outer hole ng mags ko. car is altis and mags is rota gt3.

meron po bang other style ng nuts na inde po paloob ang thread or ung d n ginagamitan ng adoptor (just like the oem ones na ready to make tanggal ka na agad)? where po? how much? gamit niyo po ba ito now?

add ko lang po kaya lage loose thread kase dalas ako paoverall wash(tanggal gulong then spray pressurized water) ng auto dahil nababaha po, (same old story ng malabon) and just lately palit ako brake pads and pa underpaint...talagang malambot po yung bakal nung nuts, maling bira lng sira na po yung nuts.

stressfull!

sorry for the terms and explanations...

thanks and god bless!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try looking for the same style lug nuts (long/narrow) but made from heavier (but more durable) steel. The cheap lightweight lug-nuts you have are probably the ones made from aluminum and they are easy to damage if someone simply screws it on in the wrong way.

You'll immediately know what I am talking about when you find it by simply testing the weight in your hand.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    may i ask sir kung kayo po ba ay may gamit na ganito? where did you bought it from? galeng ako concord kagabi, me nakita ako P900+/4pcs. too expensive! any refferal/recommendation po?

thanks sir good day

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    may i ask sir kung kayo po ba ay may gamit na ganito? where did you bought it from? galeng ako concord kagabi, me nakita ako P900+/4pcs. too expensive! any refferal/recommendation po?

thanks sir good day
    My wheels came with a cheap set of those type of lugnuts (not type R but basically the same type). My bad for not checking them before I left. So yes, I had my experience with them. In less than a day, one of the lugnuts was already damaged (loose thread) when I had wheel alignment and fender clearance work done on my car.

I had them replaced with a new set (16 pieces) from SPEEDLAB since I was already there.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may experience din ako dati sa type r na sports lug nuts eh...natanggal magisa... i guess type r lug nuts are really not the quality ones (made in taiwan lang ata ito)...

safety considerations lang....if you would want sports type lug nuts, invest in quality and reputable ones. you can never be sure when it will just pop out and will cause serious damage sa oto mo.

all in the name of beauty, kung ika nga... mas maganda kung beauty and quality.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    tagal na nga me hanap ng alternative na nuts but still type r lang lage ko napampapalit. try ko mag inquire sa speedlab pag may budget na bout dun sa sinusuggest ni sir ghosthunter. alala ko rin wat if maflatan ako sa wheels na may loose thread nuts...yare na!
    thanks gud day

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    may experience din ako dati sa type r na sports lug nuts eh...natanggal magisa... i guess type r lug nuts are really not the quality one...
    Not really the quality... more of the material. Aluminum expands more when heated so when your wheel heat cycles (heats up and then cools down) a few times, it can loosen by itself.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    so there is always a tendecy na magloose siya lalo na sa high speed?

ot: i frequently drive my nephews sa school nila in the morning tapus my mom drive my car sa nlex pag coding ung kanya...

i've been warn. thanks sirs

try to buy those quality nuts asap.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    so there is always a tendecy na magloose siya lalo na sa high speed?
    no. But they get loose over time as you heat cycle them. So it would require periodic tightening of the lugnuts. How often? Not sure, but you can start by tightening them once a week to once every two weeks and see how much they turn.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I bought my aluminum nuts from Autoplus two years ago. After two sets of mags and numerous trips for alignment and vulcanizing, they're still tight.

It really depends on the quality of stuff you buy. Obviously, "lightweight" nuts from Concorde aren't going to last as long as the real thing. Hell, I've even had some steel lugnuts that didn't last one year.

Lesson? Don't buy cheap. Period.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
loose thread type r lug nuts