New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hi All !

Current ride is a corolla lovelife. Tires are Runway Enduro 185/65/R14.

Would like to ask how long, approximately, should tires last ? (in terms of kilometers).

Of course, front tires wear out faster than rear tires.

Generally speaking though, how long do front tires last before needing replacement ?

Thanks in advance !

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoteng View Post
    Hi All !

Current ride is a corolla lovelife. Tires are Runway Enduro 185/65/R14.

Would like to ask how long, approximately, should tires last ? (in terms of kilometers).

Of course, front tires wear out faster than rear tires.

Generally speaking though, how long do front tires last before needing replacement ?

Thanks in advance !
    - sa toyota avanza namin na brand new binili, inabot ng 3 years yung tires and about 25K kms sa odometer. there are many factors to consider kasi, type of car, roads commonly used, driving habits mo, suspension mo if ok pa etc.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Yung sa akin mga 4 years. mga 45K kms.

Rotate mo lang yung gulong para maging pantay ang pagkaubos.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    distance life of tires really depends on many factors. One of them is the softness or firmness of the rubber used. Performance tires tend to be grippy have softer rubber. Tires meant to maximize fuel economy & tire life tend to be harder.

Driving habits also play a role. Constant heavy acceleration, braking and hard cornering will quickly wear down your tires.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    It's a good thing I asked about it in this forum. Being a newbie, I thought tires were supposed to last 100t km, at least. hehehe.

Kinda noticing my front tires wearing out after around 2 years / 40t km.

Any tire brand or model you have used that have long tire life ? Ride is just used to get from point A to point B daily. So, no need for performance tires.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by kikoteng; February 1st, 2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: more detail

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoteng View Post
    It's a good thing I asked about it in this forum. Being a newbie, I thought tires were supposed to last 100t km, at least. hehehe.

Kinda noticing my front tires wearing out after around 2 years / 40t km.

Any tire brand or model you have used that have long tire life ? Ride is just used to get from point A to point B daily. So, no need for performance tires.

Thanks again.

The only non-performance oriented tires I have used were Goodyear NCT3 and NCT5 tires. Both offered average dry grip and poor wet grip. They are nothing to "write-home" about.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    For me, I usually rotate tires every 10,000 kms., pero kailangan din observe mo maiigi handling, kapag may kabig malamang wala na sa alignment gulong mo so better align it.

The normal time to change tires is every 40,000 kms.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Another factor to consider is tire age. Any tire that is more than 6 years old, regardless of tread condition, are recommended to be replaced. The rubber compound self-deteriorates whether they're used or not.

If the aging is bad enough, you could literally pry the tread off with a spoon!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    hey ! thanks for the informative link.

That treadwear rating is something new I havent heard about.

As a matter of curiosity, what treadwear rating do you have on your current tires ?

Mine reads 460.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
life of tires