New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hi guys, I'm having the problem as described in the title. Basically when the car was driven for some time (around 45 mins) I will start hearing "tok-tok-tok..." sounds when the road is uneven, hard brake or sudden acceleration, and driving over humps. The volume starts low then it gets louder and more frequent. I brought it to two different car shops already but both mechanics did not find anything wrong. My guess is the culprit is most likely one of the parts made of rubber since the sound becomes audible when the car has been driven for some time, thus the heat may have an effect on that particular component.

Maybe someone had a similar experience before and can share some of their ideas? I'm living in paranaque by the way, in case there is a good auto shop that you can recommend.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It could be myriad of things:

Engine mount
    Tie rod ends
    Stabilizer joints
    Shock mounts
    Shock absorber
    CV joints (if FWD)
    Brake pads

What car make/model/year?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    hello oj88. my car is honda city type Z 2002 model.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If you can't locate the noise, find a shop that has a multi-channel automotive noise finder, such as pictured below.

Unfortunately, I know of only Honda Mindanao Ave. that has this. Call first to confirm availability and cost of the service.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Yung sa adventure namin parang ganyan din minsan e. Pero parang wala naman problem kasi 3 years ng ganun yun.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Same case with a friend of mine. Pasilip mo stabilizer joints. Un ang pinalitan sa kanya nawala lagutok. Honda car din. Hope it helps.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Hello! sa mga expert members ng group.
    Hingi sana ako advice ung Toyota Corolla Small body ko.. pag sinasagad ko ung liko nya may lumalagatok sa front wheel sa driver side.. what could be the problem kaya? gusto ko lang sana magkaroon ng idea before ko siya dalhin ng shop. Hoping na matulungan nyo ko. Salamat!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    scroll up to Oj88's post.

siguradong isa yan sa mga yun,

most likely bushing yan, normal na yan bro sa medyo me edad na sasakyan...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nogabz View Post
    Hello! sa mga expert members ng group.
    Hingi sana ako advice ung Toyota Corolla Small body ko.. pag sinasagad ko ung liko nya may lumalagatok sa front wheel sa driver side.. what could be the problem kaya? gusto ko lang sana magkaroon ng idea before ko siya dalhin ng shop. Hoping na matulungan nyo ko. Salamat!
    Have the CV Joint checked. Have it done the soonest as it might fall apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yep. sounds like the CV joint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast