New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anyone? thanks...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    From my experience, I never had to add any more air into the tires when I left for two months. I got back, and the pressures were the same. A month is nothing for these. Just make sure your spare has +4 psi than the tire with the highest pressure.

If you meant to avoid flat spots, a month is nothing to worry about. If you want, just raise the car on jack stands and secure it properly.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Air pressure will change by 1 psi everyday (24 hr period) if the weather temperature drop to 6 deg. c or 10 deg. F so check often if you were in the extreme cold area. On the summer or temperate area tire's also lose about 1 psi every month (25% through the wheel/tire interface, 75% through the tire membrane pero this not mean you over inflate your tire. Hints: When you fuel up, check your tire pressure you will save money in the long run, and the best time to check is when the tire is cold not after long drive.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    From my experience, I never had to add any more air into the tires when I left for two months. I got back, and the pressures were the same. A month is nothing for these. Just make sure your spare has +4 psi than the tire with the highest pressure.

If you meant to avoid flat spots, a month is nothing to worry about. If you want, just raise the car on jack stands and secure it properly.

+1 if you have the proper stuff to raise your car then do that instead.... pero one month is pretty much ok... once we left a car for more than 3 months and the psi dropped by 2.

how much PSI to add for a car that will not be use for a month?