New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My 1997 Honda City's making clunking sounds at the right rear wheel everytime I apply the brakes. Maybe the brake lining's gotten too thin, and the shoes are moving around, I think. So I remove the wheel and whack the brake drum a few times, but it doesn't release from the assembly. I can't pull it off! And there's no space at the lip to use my drum puller device. The drum turns freely so I know there's no brake shoe drag. What am I doing wrong?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may two holes with thread yan so you can screw a nut in para umangat yun drum. cant remember if size 8 or 10 mm. sabay mong lagyan or pede din isa but you'll have to remove it and screw it to the other hole para sabay.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    You'd see two threaded holes on the drum.... you need to use some 12mm bolts. As you get the bolt inside, drum should be pushed out by that bolt from hub .

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    12mm pala...hehehe

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Aha! So that's what those threaded holes are for. Cheers!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hit it with a hummer and pry it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This would work too provided the lining is not sticking on the drums. On newer models cars undergoing PMS a good whack of a hammer and prying it with your finger is enough.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I used a borrowed 12 mm bolt from the power steering pump hold down bolts. Worked like a charm.

How to get the rear brake drum off a Civic?