New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hello people!

I'm saving up for my next DIY which is to replace the ball joints as well as the control arm bushings on my 2wd coil sprung (front) pickup. My uncle says he spent P5k exclusive of the control arm bushings (3Five brand) on upper and lower bushings on his isuzu pickup.

Kindly shed some light on the question above.

Plus, anybody done the job the DIY way not the DFM (do-it-for-me) way? If ever, did you use a compressor or just the simple jack to unload the spring?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So far i have not encountered any fake 555 products from what i know. I just stick to buying from the larger or more established suking tindahans in Banawe. The boxes/parts also come in with a hologram 555 sticker and are wrapped/sealed well in plastic. Take also a look at the quality of the packaging.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Bili ka na lang sa mga reputable shops. Sa roosevelt ako bumibili. Sa fertes. Mura lang don.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ^ as i recall, taga north yung TS.. regards bro miked

BTT: so far, i have not encountered fake 555 (or probably what I thought to be original is in truth the fake one )

and, for safety reason, use spring compressor.. sabi nga dito sa bulacan, nasa huli ang pagsisisi... cheers..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by phezthie View Post
    ^ as i recall, taga north yung TS.. regards bro miked

BTT: so far, i have not encountered fake 555 (or probably what I thought to be original is in truth the fake one )

and, for safety reason, use spring compressor.. sabi nga dito sa bulacan, nasa huli ang pagsisisi... cheers..
    Tama,

Dapat may magandang plastic sealed packaging.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Hello people!

I'm saving up for my next DIY which is to replace the ball joints as well as the control arm bushings on my 2wd coil sprung (front) pickup. My uncle says he spent P5k exclusive of the control arm bushings (3Five brand) on upper and lower bushings on his isuzu pickup.

Kindly shed some light on the question above.

Plus, anybody done the job the DIY way not the DFM (do-it-for-me) way? If ever, did you use a compressor or just the simple jack to unload the spring?

TIA
    anong isuzu pickup yung sayo sir at coil yung harap at di torsion bar?

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    First, thanks to all who replied.

Sir niwde,

the isuzu pickup mentioned is my uncle's which is torsion bar equipped...mine is a mitsubishi mighty max (those subic imports) but basically the parts are all L200-based except that mine has a shorter wheelbase.

My motto is that I'd rather put original parts on suspension, steering and brake parts rather than the engine....Mahirap na, kahit 30kmh lang takbo mo eh tumatakbo makina pero hindi nagana mga brakes at pang-ilalim. nakakatakot yun.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    First, thanks to all who replied.

Sir niwde,

the isuzu pickup mentioned is my uncle's which is torsion bar equipped...mine is a mitsubishi mighty max (those subic imports) but basically the parts are all L200-based except that mine has a shorter wheelbase.

My motto is that I'd rather put original parts on suspension, steering and brake parts rather than the engine.lahat naman siguro tayo ganun...Mahirap na, kahit 30kmh lang takbo mo eh tumatakbo makina pero hindi nagana mga brakes at pang-ilalim. nakakatakot yun.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir, mukhang ok yung mighty max ah. i suggest you buy from your suki. to be sure, you also have to look at built quality.

OT, matagal na ba mighty max mo? around how much selling ng ganyan?

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    1986.....and i assume hindi pinalitan ng dating owner yung mga suspension parts. inakupow!!!....200k bili nun 3 years ago ata.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
How do you spot a fake 3 Five suspension parts?....please