New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mid-2002 I've replaced my original fluid front shocks with replacement Tokico at Midas, but then just right after its warranty period 6 mos lapsed it gave in - lumalangitngit na pero wala namang leak.

So I replace it both front shocks with fluid KYB at Prens Alabang Jan 03. Again, and after 2.5 mos - langitngit ulit si shocks!!! Cant believe that I paid good money for those and when I had these checked again at Midas - sabi nila - swertihan din lang daw yun kahit na OEM Mitsu parts siya.. I really cant accept this statement.

Meron bang garantisadong shocks diyan sa market? Wag namang masyadong mahal. Mine ride's a Lancer pizza pie.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    choy,

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I had my shocks replaced at Midas more than six months ago and it's still okay.

As for the "swertihan" thing, I don't believe that, unless the shocks that came out of the factory has production defects that escape the QA of the manufacturer or niloko ka ng pinag-bilihan mo. I'm pretty sure you know this.

We have the same ride, '97 Lancer Pizza, and Mitsu's are known for it's kalampags, my car is no exception. But in your case, maybe the "langitngit" comes from another part of your car not your shocks.

I'm pretty sure you take care of your car very well, but maybe it's worth taking a second and more thorough look at the underchassis of your car or taking your car to other reputable shops for a second opinion.

I will recommend you to my mechanic friend Ray Sarol, he's from San Juan, and he does a home service. He's very good and honest, you can ask him to make a thorough check of your underchassis, kahit wala kang ipapa-ayos titingnan nya.

Ray Sarol's number 09163008861/09163390396, tell him you were recommended by Art from San Andres. Bahala na kayong mag-usap.

Hope this helps

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by choycontreras
    swertihan din lang daw yun kahit na OEM Mitsu parts siya.. I really cant accept this statement.
    No, that statement is unacceptable! :cry: :cry:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AS the others mentioned, this is not an acceptable excuse... Our shocks last us well over 60K before they start to show signs that they will be needing replacement soon. Try to take a look at the other components as well and get a second opinion from other shops. You could try JP Wheels in Paranque, i had some suspension work there recently and i'm very satisfied (along with other Nissanbayan peeps).

When i was talking with my suking tindahan regarding shocks, he mentioned that there are mechanics who dont use the proper tools/methods in installing the shocks. The outcome would then be busted shocks after some time (one of the main reasons why he gets customers going back with some complaints).

Try the KYB Gas shocks... seems to be quite OK.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by choycontreras
    swertihan din lang daw yun kahit na OEM Mitsu parts siya
    Suwerte sa tindahan nila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    like what artpogi suggested, check muna thoroughly siguro kung saan nanggagaling yung langitngit.. in my case, i replaced my shocks about 7 months ago. then mga 2 months after that, may narinig rin akong mga langitngit, kapag dumadaan akong humps lalong dinig yung tunog.. binalik ko sa midas to have it checked.. turns out na di pala galing sa shocks yung tunog.. sa suspension connections nanggagaling.. spray lang ng wd-40 ok na.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks everybody,

Will check on your recommended shops and mechanics later.
    Anyway, the langitngit from the shocks is really the culprit here as was felt and diagnosed by the Midas mechanics. Will ge ta second/third opinion though.

Also, my ride's going max in its mileage already - 162T km - might be some other strut parts' not ok.

-------
    Artpogi,

My ride's a 98 GL 1.5 - it never did give me problems on the road, AC, mechanical, engine, etc - and as you say - kalampag lang talaga ang problema niya. Tsk, tssk.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    TO Choy, share ko lang I had xperienced that before troubleshooting the langitngit...what i found out: KAHIT BAGO NA NGA YUNG FRONT SHOCKS KO, YUN PALANG RUBBER COVER OR SHROUD NG SHOCK MASIKIP SA BAGO KONG SHOCK! Shocking, hanggang nga sa napunit yung rubber shroud hayun nawala ang ingay....:lol:

clone

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    choy,

Lumambot ba yung shocks? Kasi baka hindi pa sira yung shocks mismo.

Madalas masira sa Mitsu Lancers eh yung shock top-mount na rubber, feeling ko baka ito lang ang sira sa suspension mo. Akin din Lancer na pizza '97, ito na ang medyo bumibigay na sakin ngayon.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RS,
    Iba naman Lancer Pizza mo e. hehehe.

choy,
    you can try Bilstein shocks, pricier than regular replacments but well worth it.
    We can install it as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hit and miss with car shocks