New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sirs just need your help on my hilander's problem. Medyo matagal na kasing pawis steering, nagpalit na ako ng steering pump surplus, tapos repair kit ng gearbox. Pansin ko lang magaan sya pag bagong start, tapos pag tagal bumibigat sya ulit. Sa pump kaya problem o sa gearbox? thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    looks like the fluid is overheating...thins out in the long run or it can be air that is churned by the pump (do some bleeding first)....my usual suspect is your surplus oil pump since gearbox is just rebuilt.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    is bleeding necessary for power steering? or you just have to turn the steering wheel full turn clockwise and counter-clockwise?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I actually want to ask about this, how is bleeding done for power steering?

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    is bleeding necessary for power steering? or you just have to turn the steering wheel full turn clockwise and counter-clockwise?
    actually, that is the so-called "bleeding operation" for the steering system.

1. raise both front wheels
    2. with engine off, turn SW cw and ccw, let's say 10x each and check fluid level
    3. with engine at idle, do the same procedure. just don't stay in a locked position, let's say, for over 5 seconds. you may overheat the fluid and damage the ps pump

hth

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    actually, that is the so-called "bleeding operation" for the steering system.

1. raise both front wheels
    2. with engine off, turn SW cw and ccw, let's say 10x each and check fluid level
    3. with engine at idle, do the same procedure. just don't stay in a locked position, let's say, for over 5 seconds. you may overheat the fluid and damage the ps pump

hth
    Sir tanung ko lng kung ano problem kapag kinakabig pa kaliwa or pakanan yung steering wheel ko bumababa yung idle.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    paps sanik,

i think it's natural na bumaba ang idle because the ps pump is getting power from the engine. tuwing kumakabig kasi nangangailangan ng power yung ps oil pump thus the low idle...kapag straight runs hindi kumakain ng power (relatively) yung ps pump. as long as walang maingay na buzzing sound it's normal. mapagkukumpara mo naman siguro by experience yung normal buzzing sound to the abnormal sound.

hilander power steering problem