New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    good day mga sir! i'm a new driver..may topak po kasi yung sa steering ko.. wala naman pong nakitang leak yung mekaniko sa power steering hose..
    ang kaso po..pag inistart ko na po yung car ko, umaapaw po yung power steering fluid sa lalagyan.. tapos nalangingit na po pag nililiko ko yung manibela ko.. ano po ang kaya ang nangyari at magandang gawin dito?
    my car is a LEC na 1995 nissan sentra.. thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by astegins View Post
    good day mga sir! i'm a new driver..may topak po kasi yung sa steering ko.. wala naman pong nakitang leak yung mekaniko sa power steering hose..
    ang kaso po..pag inistart ko na po yung car ko, umaapaw po yung power steering fluid sa lalagyan.. tapos nalangingit na po pag nililiko ko yung manibela ko.. ano po ang kaya ang nangyari at magandang gawin dito?
    my car is a LEC na 1995 nissan sentra.. thanks in advance!

astegins,
    with the age of the car, chances are you already had the rack and pinion steering gear replaced or rebuilt. the most probable cause for the overspill would be clogged valve assembly right at the top of the r&p gear or if it was just recently installed, there could be a possibility the lines were crossed. before you have the r&p checked, have the pressure relief valve taken off the pump assembly and inspected. do not reuse the fluid that you currently have in the reservoir.
    jick

Help! problems on power steering.