New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi guys,

Nagpa-change oil ako ng liteace and sabi sa ken ng servitek busted na daw ang wheel bearings. They quoted me around 10K to replace the bearing-

San ba okay bumili ng wheel bearings na original/high quality and magkano ba ito dapat? Hindi muna ako bumili kasi di ko alam ano bang tamang presyo ng part na yan.

Thank you po sa tulong

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    original? ganyan talaga presyo nyan.
    bili ka na lang replacement bearings. tatagal din naman yun.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    how much are they charging for the labor?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTCH*! View Post
    how much are they charging for the labor?

gotcha,
    there used to be manila bearing center and i don't know if they are still around. what you need to do is get the bearing number and get an exact replacement, it will have the same dimensions, shape, number of rollers and in all the same architecture. the roller cage and rollers has to be replaced with the matching outer bearing cup. they are matched at the factory. if they were non drive wheel bearings, the labor time is around 40 minutes per side or one hour and 20 minutes for the whole axle. remember to replace the grease retainer( some people call it oil seal) with it. do not overtorque. the most common procedure for cars is after having the cup seated in the hub, and the bearing cone is prelubricated, is to torque the spindle nut to 80 foot pounds and back off, then tighten by hand using a slip joint pliers. secure the adjustment with a cotter pin or with a new nut with nylon locking insert or peening the nut if there is provision for peening it.
    jick
    certified auto
    guam

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    ummmm...... thank you jick for the heads up

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    10k for bearings is total BS. tawag ka sa united bearing sa binondo 244-7737 distributor sila.

http://www.unitedbearing.com/

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    the best way para makatipid is ikaw na lang bumili ng bearing, bring the sample or get the number code para sakto din ang makukuha mong parts. bring it to your trusted shop, ang labor sa shop na pinagawan ko before ay 250 per wheel

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    +1 sa suggestion ni sir Esnie, I also think this is the best way to go.

just recently had the suspension of my rig checked and quoted, one of the things to be replaced DAW is the wheel bearings, I will post the price and labor as soon as I find that piece of paper

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Update on that price and labor cost I promised:

Cruven is charging 950/pc (OEM yata) wheel bearing
    and labor for upper wheel bearings is 600 and another 600 for the lower

a shop here in fairview is asking for 600/pc (replacement no idea of the brand) wheel bearing and a total labor cost of 1000.

will still be asking around for better prices so if you guys have any idea where to get a better deal please chime in.

if you can get the bearing numbers better ikaw na lang bumili, ako ganun ginagawa ko, to get the part number tapos ako na nabili, you can choose from different brands of bearings (timken, skf, ntn, fag, etc...)and dun ka na din bibili ng oil seals (NOK brands). Kahit original pa yan galing casa di naman sila ang nagawa ng parts na yun eh at mahal pa. Gawin mong practice to source out the parts from shops in manila mas makakamura ka talaga, from bearings, oils eals, bulbs, shocks at madami pa.

Help po: San okay bumili ng wheel bearing ng liteace?