New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    guys need your suggestions on where to have my car's power steering fixed. i had it checked at Dallas Motorworks at Timog and they said that may leak daw yung pressure hose ng power steering ko. i think they can't fix it there.

do you guys have any recommended auto repair shops that are experts on problems na ganito? and don't forget the budget, sana di ganon kamahal sumingil....

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    tlaga yatang hindi narerepaire power steering hose. i think you have to buy a new hose maybe around 4-6k if oem but any shops can replace the hose since its just a bolt on.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Tama si don, just have your hose replaced. medyo madugo lang presyo compare with other hoses. hehehe

peace!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    kung may leak ang hose, i would not recommend patching it up or "repairing" it. bibigay lang yan due to the pressure. you will have to replace it

however, check mo rin ulit at baka barado lang yan. that happened to me. it felt as if may leak kasi medyo nagiging "pawis steering" especially when making very tight turns. but after the casa cleaned it up, the problem is gone

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    haaay, i guess you guys are right. as the mechanic said, papalitan na nga daw.

*don: pre u think ganun talaga kamahal yung hose? my pop-n-law even told me na kailngan ibaba yung power steering assembly para gawin yun. damn... gastos nanaman!

*111prez, i think di na kaya ng linis lang. when my car was lifted, may visible signs ng leak. possible ba na may signs ng leak pero barado lang? if that's, w/c i hope is, laking tipid ko!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if wala ka mahanap na surplus hose, you can have the fittings replaced and recrimpped to the hose

HELP: need help on my power steering