New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I recently had this problem when i had my front shocks replaced. Whenever I make a left turn and go up a ramp then down there would be a single loud thud..the sound is like hitting a metal bar to your car chassis.This problem only happens occasionally. When the front wheels are pointed straight this doesnt happen(only when the wheels are turned to the left). I had the shock mounting, bushings, stabilizer link,cv joints, tie rod and all other underchassis parts inspected and everything is ok.The shocks I replaced were the original ones and the vehicle is a gen2 crv. Its also impossible to detect on test drives as this problem would only come up on an irregular basis. Help

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. di kaya sumasayad sa fender yung goma mo pag lumiliko ka?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is the thud noticeable only when you turn, or as you're moving forward at an angle?

I'm not sure what it is (CV Joints are like that, but it's a tok tok tok rather than a single TOK) but it might be tie bar related. Some suspension problems can't be diagnosed when the car is on the lift, as the components aren't under weight at that time. Best to have a mechanic ride with you and try to duplicate the conditions in which it happens.

If all else fails, take it back to the same place and have them disassemble and reassemble again. It's possible something is out of alignment very slightly, and it only shows up in extreme cases.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    happy gilmore,
    wala namang sumasayad sa fender and even if may sasayad it wouldnt make a sound as if hinahampas ng bakal yung car chassis
    niky,
    when i make a u turn on level roads there is no sound. It makes the sound lang on inclines and driveway ramps.Its just a single very loud "tok" lang. It doesnt make more than one "tok" kaya nga i find it weird.
    Na try ko narin pa road test with the mechanic with me, the problem is the darn problem wouldnt show up tuwing ipapa check ko.Di naman kasi everytime lumalabas yung sound

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    To give you guys an idea,when i approach my driveway ramp or any ramp with a steep angle, I usually turn the wheels to the right.vehicle's right front wheel goes up the ramp first followed by the left front wheel. The sound usually comes up as i turn the wheels to the left at the end of the short ramp. I already had the whole thing disassembled and reassembled and still the problem persists

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Okay, I'm stumped... I think it might be a loose bushing on a tie rod or steering rod...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Okay, I'm stumped... I think it might be a loose bushing on a tie rod or steering rod...
    naubos na rin yung buhok ng mekaniko ko kakahanap. Sira na daw career nya.hehehehe. Maybe tie rod ang cause kasi medyo maluwag narin.Wala pa namang kalampag nung binabaklas ko. Ok lang sana kung mahina lang yung tunog kaso the sound is really loud like metal hitting metal

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    sir..ganyan din problem ko sa oto ko...parehong pareho tayo....di rin makita kung saan yun...balitaan mo ako sir kung nahanap na yung problem...inis na rin kasi ako sa tunog na yun.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelsky
    sir..ganyan din problem ko sa oto ko...parehong pareho tayo....di rin makita kung saan yun...balitaan mo ako sir kung nahanap na yung problem...inis na rin kasi ako sa tunog na yun.
    HAHAHAHA!!! ayus .

bratski,
    Anu pala ride mo?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka nga bushing. if i remember it right, i had an experience like this, pero sa rear right part naman ng oto. had a mechanic check everything including the condition of the shocks and springs, pero walang nakita.

then i remembered na parang may ni-lubricate lang sya before, sa mga bushings located behind the wheel. nawala sya temporarily, pero after a week bumalik ulit.

tapos pinapalitan ko ng bushing, nawala na....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help! Loud thud on front suspension