New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any advice to all those who have experienced autocross? How do you make your ride more stiff? Helpful suggestions and tips are much appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zanch View Post
    Any advice to all those who have experienced autocross? How do you make your ride more stiff? Helpful suggestions and tips are much appreciated.

Depends on how much you want invested into an autocross car.

If you have dedicated autocross car, you would want it either seam welded or have a full rollcage installed.

Coilover suspension upgrades for better handling and stripped out interior to save weight.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its also my daily driven car. Roll cage is not on my list. hehe i already have stb, rstb ltb a set of lowering springs. Planning to have fender braces soon. But im still not satisfied with the stiffness.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zanch View Post
    Its also my daily driven car. Roll cage is not on my list. hehe i already have stb, rstb ltb a set of lowering springs. Planning to have fender braces soon. But im still not satisfied with the stiffness.
    pwede na lowering spring good tires and helmets working seatbelts. yun lng no need for rollcage pabigat pa yun kng stock lng naman.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Replace all worn out parts... especially suspension and steering bushings.
    Then drive it in a few autocrosses first before changing anything. This will help you gauge what suspension/handling upgrades you will need.

But some basics would be:

Stiffer springs and don't forget to also buy shocks with harder bound/rebound to match the springs. This keeps your car from bouncing around the track.

Thicker anti roll bars ... thicker rear ARB for FWD cars to control understeer and thicker front ARB for RWD cars to control oversteer.

Lower the car but not too low... lowest you can go is when your control arm is parallel to the ground.

15" rims with the stickiest rubber that meets regulations. I recommend Federal RS-Rs but they cost around 5k each. (And they are not suitable for daily use. Treadwear rating nila is only 140)

For my personal car, I only have harder shocks here (Potenza Gymkhana Shocks) and 15" Federal RS-Rs on the front and 14" China tires (Westlake) on the rear, settings on the bound/rebound for the shocks are 2 clicks from softest front and hardest rear. Everything else is bone stock. This is also my daily driven car.

Getting ready for Autocross: What needs to be done?