New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Heretic Guest
    I went to Petron Katipunan this morning for refuelling when the attendant asked me, "Ser, bombahan natin yung gulong nyo sa harap, mukhang manipis." I agreed but my front tires got a reading of 32 psi.

It is normal to have a higher psi reading when your tires are hot right? My tires are usually 30 psi when they are cool. Hot or cool, they look flat. What seems to be the problem?

My tires are 185/65-14 Kumho Optimo's, with 5.5" X 14" rims. My Matrix weighs 1,370 kilos.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Itsura or porma lang siguro ng gulong, in my opinion.

Kung tama naman yung inflation as recommended by your car manufacturer, I don't think that you should worry. Just the same case with my Goodyear Tires with specs (185/65R14) and with a pressure of 30 psi sa front and 29psi sa back (cold tires). I just follow the Owner's Manual of my car.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are some tires kasi that look that way. I used to have a set of Toyo tires, that everone would comment that they are flat. The specs of the tires actually say that it should appear that way.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, some tires look that way.

But for 185/65-14 specs which isnt a low profile tire, it shouldnt look flat.

Hot or cool, hindi ba dapat 32psi? 205/50/17 ko is 32psi and 2psi below pressure, the *TPMS warning comes on.

*Tire Pressure Monitoring System.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganyan din comment ng mga tao sa turanza na nasa 323. flat daw... then when i check it tama naman.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    mukha nga lang siguro. minsan yung corolla namin ganyan din ang tingin ko. You will know naman if you are running on flat tire, lalo na kung sa harap.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Looks don't matter: if you have a good tyre and it contains the manufacturer-recommended PSI for the air inside it, you have nothing to wory about.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    depends on the sidewall design. kung matigas or malambot. the softer (more flat looking) it is, the better the ride.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The RS has "flat" looking tires... part of the reason for this is that the mags are also slightly too narrow for the tires. Maraming stock mags na ganyan. Narrow mags + wider tires means the sidewall angles out, and spreads out more when you put weight on it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    As long as you have the correct tire pressure, it should be ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fully inflated front tires look flat