New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    From what I heard, this applies to rear wheel drive vehicles... now if the vehicle is front wheel drive, then it's better to place the new tires on the front for better traction.

No. Always, always, ALWAYS put newer tires on the rear axle.

This is the advice of experts, the advice of tire manufacturers and the advice of car manufacturers. Without exception.

Whatever car you're driving, having bald tires in the back means a spin-out.

Trucks spin if they have bald rear tires. Jeeps spin if they have bald rear tires. Front wheel drive cars spin if they have bald rear tires (from personal experience).

Bald front tires? Braking distances get longer, but you can still stop. You have more understeer, but it's better knowing you have a lack of grip than thinking you still have control and only finding out that isn't true when you're sliding sideways across the road with a ten ton truck barreling towards you.

Now, you'll want to swap your worn tires around when you rotate, but if your tread depth is below 4/32nds of an inch, you should always have the worse tires in front to provide for better traction in the rain.
    Last edited by niky; September 4th, 2010 at 11:38 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    *niki

di ko na i risk brad, bibili narin ako ng bagong rear tires ngayon.. sigh.. para safe..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    No. Always, always, ALWAYS put newer tires on the rear axle.

This is the advice of experts, the advice of tire manufacturers and the advice of car manufacturers. Without exception.

Whatever car you're driving, having bald tires in the back means a spin-out.

Trucks spin if they have bald rear tires. Jeeps spin if they have bald rear tires. Front wheel drive cars spin if they have bald rear tires (from personal experience).

Bald front tires? Braking distances get longer, but you can still stop. You have more understeer, but it's better knowing you have a lack of grip than thinking you still have control and only finding out that isn't true when you're sliding sideways across the road with a ten ton truck barreling towards you.

Now, you'll want to swap your worn tires around when you rotate, but if your tread depth is below 4/32nds of an inch, you should always have the worse tires in front to provide for better traction in the rain.
    Thank you very much

This is why it's nice to hang around here when there is nothing better to do at home.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Tigkal : If the front tires blow out, you can still steer and be in control. If the rear blows out, it would be out of control.

In which type : Front wheel drive or Rear wheel drive ?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I always put tires with more thread in front for the reason FWD yung car ko and para po pantay yung pagkakalbo nung gulong tapos sabay palit na po both front and rear tires. I just find it more convenient that way + same pa yung thread lahat ng tires. I just drive in a moderate speed when it's rainy to avoid accidents (spin)

I do ask casa to rotate my tires every PMS.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^^^ kaso pag nag rotate ka na ng tires, sa likod na mapupunta ang nasa harap.

December last year, ang new tires ng ZZ ay sa likod ikinabit. ng nagpa rotate ako. nasa harap na. OK lang kasi makakapal pa ang mga threads. more than 60% pa ang old tires. :D

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    http://www.michelinman.com/tire-care...t-questions/#5

Where do I install new tires if I only buy two?

If you’re replacing only two tires, be sure to have the new tires installed on your vehicle’s rear axle. Here’s why:

• New tires will provide better wet grip than your half-worn tires.
    • When new tires are installed on the rear, it helps reduce the potential for your vehicle to fishtail or hydroplane in wet conditions.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 6th, 2010 at 08:48 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    [b]

Bald Tires = Slick tires in Philippine parlance hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    tires rotation or reposition it only worn out your tire at the same time & costly!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I always put tires with more thread in front for the reason FWD yung car ko and para po pantay yung pagkakalbo nung gulong tapos sabay palit na po both front and rear tires. I just find it more convenient that way + same pa yung thread lahat ng tires. I just drive in a moderate speed when it's rainy to avoid accidents (spin)

I do ask casa to rotate my tires every PMS.
    You can spin out at just 30-40 km/h in the rain if a pedestrian suddenly steps out in front of you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Front Tires lng pinalitan ko, ok lng ba?