New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

guys pudpod na ba yung break pad kapag maingay habang nag ppreno? kahit slight lang na tapak mag iingay na yung breaks.. kapag bagong andar lang nung kotse.. habang tumatagal nawawala yung ingay.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ung metal part ng brake pad ay tumatama sa rotor thus you will hear the squeaking indicating that the brake pad is already worn out.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cokezero View Post
    guys pudpod na ba yung break pad kapag maingay habang nag ppreno? kahit slight lang na tapak mag iingay na yung breaks.. kapag bagong andar lang nung kotse.. habang tumatagal nawawala yung ingay.

make, model, year, mileage, last thing done to your car? the brake wear indicator will give a distinct high pitched scraping sound when it makes contact with the moving rotor when the pads wear out. if your car was a daimler benz, it will not have this and what you will have is the brake pad wear indicator warning on the dash. it is important to properly identify your subject to get the proper diagnosis. sometimes, the brakes makes a chirping sound when the rotor is warped and the brake pad intermittently makes contact with the wobbling rotor. describe the kind of noise you hear using comparisons. chirp chirp like a faint bird sound indicates a warped rotor, the grinding sound indicates metal to metal contact between the brake pad steel backing and the cast iron rotor. a groaning noise indicates glazed brake pads. describe the noise the best you can to get the best possible diagnosis.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ts, may i ride sa post mo sir.

my 2003 fm has the same condition right now. upon every start and upon application of brakes, may "metal sound" siya but after driving for about a few hundred meters, if fades out na. colored blue yung back nung pads po na nakakabit. TIA and good am po sa lahat......

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    if that's the garagal sound during low speeds, less noticeable to pag mabilis ka na, pero pag pa-hinto ka na. bakal sa bakal tunog. It's the front brake pads. Have your rear drums adjusted na din, para di pwersado harap na preno.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    i used to hear loud squeaking sounds from my front brakes (mazda familia 97 model). when i had it checked, the repair shop recommended refacing the rotors (warped na daw kasi), and of course, changing the brake pads. ayun, ok na ngayon. di na maingay.

changed my break pads pero may tunog pa rin :| hindi pa nga ubos yung lumang break pad pinapalitan ko nalang..
    i think the rotors are warped or madumi lang yung rotors?

front right wheel lang talaga yung tumutunog ever since..