New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi,

I have a brand new Ford Escape and just covered 2000K.
    I noticed the car pulling to the right and had it in for its first service.
    I pointed out the problem and later got a call saying the power steering system had leaked, (of course failed)
    I got no warning indication even though it was slightly heavy.
    Ford replaced the hose and fittings but this took four days, due to a parts delay.
    The car is never used with full steering lock, so that was not a worry to me.
    Anyone here had this or a similar steering problem with the Escape.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    defenitely a factory defect.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if they fixed it free of charge nothing to worry about

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Did you check if there was fluid spray or accumulation in the engine compartment, under the hood, or on your garage floor?

There is no warning indicator for that. If you feel something funny with the steering, check under the hood for the P/S fluid level. If the level is going down, refill. Then have someone continously saw the steering wheel lock to lock while you check to see where it is leaking.

Whether you go full lock or not, the P/S system gets loaded everytime you move the steering wheel.

If they fixed it already, just be more vigilant so it does not happen again.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ang naging problem lang sakin dati sa power steering ung tensioner belt.. Warranty took care of it..

Yung ngayon.. Mabigat ung feeling saka meron kunting squeeking sound.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    dang, good thing i saw this post. yung manibela ko kasi bumigat and my steering is veering towards the right. i had it aligned sa minerva 3x pero hindi nila makuha. i checked the powersteering fluid though and saw that its full naman.

ano kaya problema ng akin? power steering din kaya? hmmmm.....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    my escape at 10k had its v, tension, and fan belts failed after 5 passengers with overhead stuff plus full boxes at the back---->sardines condition. haha . They replaced all with no questions asked. Excellent warranty although inferior resale value such as Chev and Hyundai.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i got my tensioner plus the belt changed. under warranty naman. pero dang, paano na eto kung tapos na yung warranty? lol

Ford Escape power steering problem