New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi hope this is the right forum for this.
    I had a flat over the weekend and I think that I ran into a nail.
    I am planning to have the tire vulcanized and a friend of mine told me to look for a shop that "inserts" something instead of yung "niluluto" kasi daw baka lumobo.

Ayaw ko sana bumili ng bagong tires kasi relatively new pa yung tires and I try to follow the 2,4 rule when changing tires kaya parang impractical bumili ng new tire just for it.

Inputs naman mga peeps sa decision to have my tire vulcanized. Ano yung sinasabing wag lutuin and stuff. Also is there a recomended shop na pwedeng dalhin after work. Yaw ko na sana paabutin ng sat e.

Lamatz

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    IMHO bili ka na lang ng interior. Mura lang naman di aabot ng isang daan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Karag2 View Post
    Hi hope this is the right forum for this.
    I had a flat over the weekend and I think that I ran into a nail.
    I am planning to have the tire vulcanized and a friend of mine told me to look for a shop that "inserts" something instead of yung "niluluto" kasi daw baka lumobo.

Ayaw ko sana bumili ng bagong tires kasi relatively new pa yung tires and I try to follow the 2,4 rule when changing tires kaya parang impractical bumili ng new tire just for it.

Inputs naman mga peeps sa decision to have my tire vulcanized. Ano yung sinasabing wag lutuin and stuff. Also is there a recomended shop na pwedeng dalhin after work. Yaw ko na sana paabutin ng sat e.

Lamatz
    tama yung friend mo. hwag yung niluluto. it affects the integrity of the rubber, making it brittle.

while the better action is using inserts, it can also affect the integrity of the tire in the long run.

tama yung suggestion ni maz, bili ka na lang ng interior.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede ba yun interior kung tubeless? how about yun cold patch..pwede na siguro yun

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    pwde sir shadow. had an interior placed on my gajah tunggal spare tire kasi di na raw kakayanin ng cold patch, too many holes na raw.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    When you take it to be vulcanized make sure they use a patch on the inside of the tire and a plug for the hole. The patch should use a chemical compound that will bond it to the tire without heating. After all is done then the tire should be good as before the flat. Using an interior does not work with tubeless tires unless you drill a hole in the middle your rims for the valve stem since most modern cars have rims with stem holes on the side.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    double post

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    cold patch ako palagi. wala pa naman akong naging problema dun

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks mga peeps...
    Hanap nalang ako ng cold patch/inserts ...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    It would be best to have it vulcanized in a reputable shop like Tire King or maybe a Shell Service Station rather than vulcanizing shops sa tabi-tabi so that you'll have less worries. Cold patch for me too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
flat tire