New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    People have taken the Kumho Ecsta SPT to the racetrack (Subic International Raceway and Batangas Racing Circuit) with no problems. In those places, peak speed is anywhere from 130-160 km/h before maximum braking is applied.

The Ecsta SPT's sidewalls are rather soft for a high-performance tire, though. Serious drivers might want something stiffer when taking Subic's Turn 1 at maximum-attack, 10/10-effort driving.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ71 View Post
    Ano ang speed rating nya, me nakasubok na ba na tinakbo ng 180-200 kph yun KU31?
    Image stolen from Kenzie.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    With its Y rating, i think 200kph would be easy for the KU31 SPT.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Bought today 2 pcs of KUMHO ECSTA SPT 225x45x17 at Evangelista 4,500 each.

napansin ko lang yun lip or edge ng rim pantay sa side ng tire, unlike the federal tire nakapasok yun mags ng about 1 cm so me protection at least yun mags.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    With its Y rating, i think 200kph would be easy for the KU31 SPT.
    Y-rated tires are usually for very big sizes. They're usually the domain of supercars.

Even just V-rated tires will be fine for 200 km/h.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Yeah, this is what I was implying... if the V is ok with 200kph, and W is more than ok with it, the Y is way, way ok for this speed, it cruises on this speed easy.

Also i'd like to note that the KU31 ECSTA SPT has been used and proven in many races and drifting events.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ71 View Post
    Bought today 2 pcs of KUMHO ECSTA SPT 225x45x17 at Evangelista 4,500 each.

napansin ko lang yun lip or edge ng rim pantay sa side ng tire, unlike the federal tire nakapasok yun mags ng about 1 cm so me protection at least yun mags.
    So walang rim protector ang Ecsta SPT?

hi all,

can owners of cars with Kumho tires share their more recent experience with the tires? Please advise model and also how long the tires lasted (in years or kms travelled) before you had to replace. One of the more common complaints on the net is that tread life is quick -pudpod na around 30,000kms.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by April_Ryan View Post
    hi all,

can owners of cars with Kumho tires share their more recent experience with the tires? Please advise model and also how long the tires lasted (in years or kms travelled) before you had to replace. One of the more common complaints on the net is that tread life is quick -pudpod na around 30,000kms.
    My set of Kumho Ecsta SPTs (KU31) gave out around that distance...

BUT

Do note that I put the tires under more stress than most people do; I've taken them to three or four trackdays already. Considering what they had to put up with in two and a half years and just under 30,000 km, the SPTs were pretty decent in terms of longevity. My set of 195/55 R15s was rated 340 for treadwear.

As a daily driver tire they're good value. Just note that they tend to become noisy as their tread blocks fade, and some people might want to pump up the air pressure to mitigate the softness of the sidewalls. Soft sidewalls are good for ride comfort, but dull steering/braking response and contribute to understeer. Personally I think they work best with an additional 5 psi of air.

ok. choosing between the Kumho KL51 (for SUVs/light trucks) versus the Bridgestone Duelers. It's a bit cheaper so I'm tempted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
feedbacks on kumho tires