New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i got 1 tire sa rear na mas mabilis mag-deflate than the rest. it's not at an fast rate naman. around 1 psi every two days. had it checked sa vulcanizing shop, sabi wala naman daw butas.

so ang ginagawa ko, i pump in more air than usual, around 2 psi higher sa ibang tires. will there be an issue sa handling, tires, etc when i do this? also, should i be alarmed na nagbabawas ng ganito yung gulong ko?

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    masyado po mabilis ang 1psi every 2 days. dapat po ata 1psi every two weeks. kung wala po talagang makitang butas sa gulong, try nyo po icheck yung pito o yung rims/mags for cracks na pwede labasan ng hangin.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Take it to a more reputable shop, tires are not supposed to just run out of air randomly. Yes, be alarmed because there is something wrong that can possibly lead to something worse such as a tire blowout if caught off guard.

Had a similar experience, checked it myself and found nothing through simple visual inspection. Took it to a tire shop, they found a screw. Patched it up and it's been fine since.

Don't forget, the valve itself can go bad. Technically there'll be an issue, but it won't be too significant to effect daily use, more in the long run, however.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Abnormal nga iyan... Seek for a second opinion. Something should be causing it to deflate at that rate..... And it may be dangerous....

4707:santas:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    my tire pressure usually reduce 2psi a week. so every saturday i inflate my tires at the nearest gas station that i pass by. that is normal for a tubeless tire.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    actually, i've already gone to another vulcanizing shop. they also can't find a hole sa tire.

hmmm, punta na lang sa isa pa ulit.

pero may naisip ako, when i go in/out kasi sa gate namin, this is the tire that usually hits a sharp hump and stays that way for a while until i get in/out of the gate. the other tires do not. maybe because this is the tire that is stressed the most.

sa tingin nyo could it be the reason? will tires deflate kapag naka-steady sa uneven road?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    There's that small chance, but also have the tire valve checked. It's possible that they can be defective even when new. Or maybe you irked somebody so they inserted a small piece of paper to leak some air out as you reinstall the tire valve cover

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Check the valve... also, check your wheel balance... an unbalanced wheel at the rear isn't as easy to spot as one at the front... if the wheel is unbalanced, it will heat up as you drive along, and that excess heat can play havoc with your tire pressures.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    same experienced sa ken b4 found out yung pito pala may singaw na,less than 100 damage

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    hmmm what if walang problem? would there be any issue kapag hindi talaga pantay nilalagay mo na hangin sa wheels mo?

thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
effect of uneven tire psi