New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    can i get the same drop of coil over with a lowering springs?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends....
    coilovers allow up to at most 3" drop. lowering springs, i think are at 2-2.5"

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MGA PAPS,

Ano ba mas pipiliin nyo generally coil overs or lowering spring considering ride quality?

Alin naman mas durable at di makakasira ng suspension system as per your experience

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by autophobia View Post
    MGA PAPS,

Ano ba mas pipiliin nyo generally coil overs or lowering spring considering ride quality?

Alin naman mas durable at di makakasira ng suspension system as per your experience
    1. Everyday driving- youll need "O.E Sports Spring". It lowered your car from 0.25-1.0" drop and the handling is same, ride is same and alignment is same. Overall, everything are same just a little lower than your original spring.

2. Sporty driving- you'll need "Sports Spring". Lowering your car an average 1.25" drop. Ride are firmer than O.E, less roll/squat/dive and you "may require" an alignment kit depends on your car maximum adjustment on alignment.

3. Race spring- are required suspension modification. Average drop from 1.9" depends on your vehicle weight and the ride are very firm and this is very good if you are in race track all the time but, very bad on street use.

Coil-Over are good but cost a lot of money. If you are in the market of doing coil-over invest with the good one not a generic coli-over or you wont satisfied the result. Beware fake coil-over, they are everywhere, so its a good practice to know what are buying. Visit the product website, ask question how to spot a fake one.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi... how much would one set cost..for the lowering springs

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    10k - 20k for tein springs

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    thanks for that info... is there anything else aside from Tein..(which i know from a friend is a bit high end for racing)...which is...i don't know..in between? i mean..its a good brand too but within the budget.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Reputable spring brands are the following:
    TEIN
    Neuspeed
    H&R
    Eibach
    Tanabe
    Espelir
    Swift
    Skunk2

Since you'll most likely have to match these springs with aftermarket shocks/dampers anyway, these are the damper brands you'll want:
    KYB
    Bilstein
    Koni
    Ohlins (very expensive but allegedly worth the money)

As for the ride height drop, lowering springs can go anywhere from 1" (TEIN High-Tech) to 2.5" (Tanabe DF210).

Most coilovers usually begin their "recommended" ride height range at 1.5" drop. Manufacturers such as TEIN don't usually go beyond the "recommended" range because that just destroys the coilovers.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mga Paps,

Ano kayang brand ng coilover or lowering + shocks that lower my car ng 2.00" inches drop. Sana yun tatagal at durable sya talaga (no hassles) ng more than 2 years sa daily driven car.

May experience/recommended ba kayo combo/set/brands? or lowering your car 2" or above is not realy advisable?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on the car, but for a street-driven car, a drop of no more than 1 - 1.5 inches is ideal. 2 inches or more increases the possibility of underbody damage when going over humps and of bottoming out over rough roads (which may damage your shocks).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
drop ng lowering springs