New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    pano b ilapit yung wheel s wheelwell, yung front wheels k kc parang sobrang layo ng distance s wheelweel ko.
    would it help kung lgyan ko ng rubber yung spring ko s likod, sbi kc nla it would pushdown yung front ng car if do that, tama b

Try to get lowering springs... also try to do a search, there are several threads regarding this topic

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lightninmcqueen View Post
    pano b ilapit yung wheel s wheelwell, yung front wheels k kc parang sobrang layo ng distance s wheelweel ko.
    would it help kung lgyan ko ng rubber yung spring ko s likod, sbi kc nla it would pushdown yung front ng car if do that, tama b
    you're making it hard for us and for yourself... Hndi ko man lang masabi kung ano ba talaga gusto mo gawin... wheel is wheel, wheelwell is wheelwell... Pano' mo paglalapitin yung dalawa? Kung ibig mo sabihin eh i-lower yung "height" ng sasakyan mo, just say you wanna lower it...

btw, yung spring mo sa likod hindi pwedeng lagyan ng rubber yon, pero may spring pads na tinatawag... but even if you do that, it'll hardly make a difference to the front's... Magmu-mukha lang mas-mababa kase itutungo mo ng konti... nt a very god idea to me...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The front wheel well of most Japanese Compacts is usually higher up than the rear wheel well to prevent the wheels from hitting the fenders when you hit a bump while the wheels are turned.

Placing rubber spacers in the rear shocks won't push the weight of the car onto the front springs, it'll just even the gap out.

A good set of lowering springs is the best option, as they usually lower the car just 1 - 1.5" in the back and 1.5 - 2" in front.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Why not get a bigger rims or lowering springs.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    niky,

can you give as recommendation on what brand of a good Lowering spring for Toyota Corolla? I have the same problem din, mas angat ang Harap kesa sa Likod. I'm worried pagbili ng Lowering spring, maybe it will have the same looks na naka-lowered lang, pero mas mababa pa rin sa likod!

SALAMAT PO!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    another way of looking at it..

is it safe to put, say, 225/60R17's on your typical car? that would definitely reduce the wheel to wheel well distance, and as an added bonus increase ground clearance a bit.

not too pretty to look at, but.. large rims and thin rubber make the ride bumpy anyway.

any drawbacks to this? would it cause tire rubbing against the fender liner when turning?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    another way of looking at it..

is it safe to put, say, 225/60R17's on your typical car? that would definitely reduce the wheel to wheel well distance, and as an added bonus increase ground clearance a bit.

any drawbacks to this? would it cause tire rubbing against the fender liner when turning?

I can see alot of body roll. It will rubbed on typical car(i.e. corolla,civic)plus it will messed up your speedometer.and it will look like a tank.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The front wheel well of most Japanese Compacts is usually higher up than the rear wheel well to prevent the wheels from hitting the fenders when you hit a bump while the wheels are turned.

Placing rubber spacers in the rear shocks won't push the weight of the car onto the front springs, it'll just even the gap out.

A good set of lowering springs is the best option, as they usually lower the car just 1 - 1.5" in the back and 1.5 - 2" in front.
    thanks for d info, so mgkano nman usual price ng lowering spring?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lightninmcqueen View Post
    thanks for d info, so mgkano nman usual price ng lowering spring?

branded lowering springs costs in the range of US$150-$200, not to mention that you'll need to get after market struts/shocks to match your lowering springs. as using your OEM struts will just blow in a few weeks.. months.. + camber kit(if applicable) + 4wheel allignment if you are concearned with tire wear..

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
distance between wheel and wheel well