New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Medyo nalilito ako kung paano ang pag-check ng psi ng gulong ko gamit ang tire gauge na dial-type.

Kapag pa-pitik lang, parang "psk" yung tunog, palaging mas mataas ng 3-5 psi yung reading ng tire gauge kumpara sa talagang ibinaon yung tire gauge tapos parang "pssssh" yun tunog.

Kapag gamit ko yung air compressor ko, katugma ng reading nun built-in na tire gauge yung second method ("psssh").

Alin ba sa dalawang nabanggit ko yung tamang paraan nung pagbaon ng tire gauge?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kung yung hand held na dial type, its more appropriate to have the psk sound. yun bang paglabas ng hangin, wala ng follow-up, tigil na. from my experience kasi the psssshh sound only releases the air. kung baga hindi nasasalo ng gauge ang buga ng hangin na solid.

btw, not all those tire gauges and of extreme accuracy. if you get the same brand and use it, you might get a different reading. if you want super accurate readings, then those industrial type of gauges should be used.

sya nga pala, matanong ko narin. ano ang compressor na gamit mo? yung pang spray paint? or yung pang gulong talaga?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    sya nga pala, matanong ko narin. ano ang compressor na gamit mo? yung pang spray paint? or yung pang gulong talaga?
    Yung pang-gulong talaga. Yung tire gauge ko naman, plastic na black and white, hindi tataas ng P45 ang presyo nun sa pagkakaalala ko.

Kaya ko biglang naitanong 'to kasi nung magpapalit ako ng gulong pinalagyan ko lang ng 30 sa harap, 32 sa likod. Nung silipin ko yung ginamit nilang tire gauge (brass, parang mahaba na may ruler sa loob) tama yung sukat.

Nung napagkatuwaan kong sukatin sa bahay kinabukasan (malamig na yung gulong) 33 sa harap, 35 sa likod kung yung mabilisang sirit. Pero 30/32 naman kung doon sa compressor ko.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Just rely on one gauge for consistent readings. I rely on my handheld air pressure gauge more than the gauge on my air compressor.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    Kaya ko biglang naitanong 'to kasi nung magpapalit ako ng gulong pinalagyan ko lang ng 30 sa harap, 32 sa likod. Nung silipin ko yung ginamit nilang tire gauge (brass, parang mahaba na may ruler sa loob) tama yung sukat.

Nung napagkatuwaan kong sukatin sa bahay kinabukasan (malamig na yung gulong) 33 sa harap, 35 sa likod kung yung mabilisang sirit. Pero 30/32 naman kung doon sa compressor ko.
    sir medyo OT: yung harap di ba kailangan mas malaki yung psi than the rear kasi mas mabigat yung harap than sa likod?

regarding the topic, i do it like sa mga tire shop, psk lang yung sa brass ruler. accurate naman sakin.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Archie:
    It will depend on your car. My Jazz recommends 32 psi front/30 rear, but my old SX8 City recommended 27 psi front and back.

There's no hard and fast rule that the front tires need more air pressure than the rear pair.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ ahh ok... kala ko standard na yung mas malaki dapat yung front then the back... thanks for the clarification sir.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Archie:
    It will depend on your car. My Jazz recommends 32 psi front/30 rear, but my old SX8 City recommended 27 psi front and back.

There's no hard and fast rule that the front tires need more air pressure than the rear pair.
    From my experience, it's usually the driving wheels that have higher tire pressures. In both MB's, the rear wheels have higher recommended tire inflation pressures than the rolling wheels. On both Hondas, it's the opposite - the fronts have higher pressures. It seems this has to do with fuel economy, since the drive wheels need to roll with the least resistance to obtain optimal fuel economy.

FWIW, we had a bad gauge. Filled up the tire to its supposed reading of 32 psi (for the Jazz front wheels), but when another gauge was used (Shell air pump) it read close to 35+ psi (both times were when wheels were cold - drove quickly to the closest Shell station to ensure tires did not warm up too much). Then I got the gauge from the other Honda we had, true enough it also read 35+ psi so that meant that the Jazz gauge was bad. Sayang both of them galing pang US, one was just a different brand. For that reason I have two gauges, one for each car we have. In case the other is bad may isa pa. I don't trust the pen type, lalo na yung sa gas station. Minsan ang hirap basahin, easier and more convenient yung dial type.

What I do, is I don't trust the fuel station air pumps, so I pump in maybe 20+ seconds' worth of air when on my way home, let it cool down, and maybe that night check and adjust the tires when they're already cold. Or do it the next morning before the first trip of the day.

Kung mura lang naman yung good quality dial gauges, kuha kayo isa pa. If the other one goes bad, at least you can compare. If both are working well, keep the other gauge in the other car.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    in my experience, gas station guage are not so accurate either...
    shell magallanes and shell sucat (both use digital guage) have a
    difference of +/-2 psi...

had my tires inflated at 30psi at magallanes then when passing by
    shell sucat had it inflated again... the reading was 2psi more than
    in magallanes...

tried it the other way around... first at shell sucat, at 30 psi then
    went to magallanes... tire was under inflated by the same 2psi...

one might say that the air was warm when i got to the other station...
    might be the case... pero might serve as a warning to some guys na
    "sinasagad" ang tire psi to the max, for fuel economy... you might be
    actually putting on more than the max recomended psi...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The maximum air pressure for tires is stamped on their sidewalls. Usually, for cars, this is at least 14 psi greater than the recommended pressure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Correct way of using tire gauge