New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    hello people! tanong ko lang sana kung ok lang pa convert na car ko to power steering (96 lancer EL) and kung okey magkano and san maganda pagawa. I live in makati area. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede. price depends on kung brand new or surplus ang ikakabit mo. pag surplus ask ka sa banawe, blumentrit, etc. sabihin mo lang car model alam na nila kung no ibibigay sa iyo. better yet just phone, nasa yellow pages din naman mga surplus shops. some will even install it for you. wala ako alam sa prices pero madami ako nakikita surplus nyan.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    is it ok to just buy a new engine (with power steering) then just replace my old one instead of converting it to power steering? hopw much kaya yun?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the steering system is totally different from the engine. pag bumili ka makina di kasama yung steering rack unless you buy a front cut, in which case the steering rack is normally RHD

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A power steering upgrade could cost you from 15 to 20k. Usually bolt on lang ito if you find the right pump and gearbox for your Lancer. With a new engine the only thing you could get is the PS pump that is mounted on it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Power steering conversion for a Nissan Sentra 1.4JX ('94 B13) will cost Php23k as per quoted by afrasay's cousin (Ferdie). All brand new parts iyan and the quote is all-in (parts, labor, materials).

You can try your luck finding your own parts (e.g. surplus) for the project. This will help lower costs.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Power steering conversion for a Nissan Sentra 1.4JX ('94 B13) will cost Php23k as per quoted by afrasay's cousin (Ferdie). All brand new parts iyan and the quote is all-in (parts, labor, materials).

You can try your luck finding your own parts (e.g. surplus) for the project. This will help lower costs.
    otep san ka nagpaconvert? kung Php23k lang and all brand new i think mas gusto ko na yun. And sakanila na ba galing yung mga parts? pahingi naman ng address nung shop or phone number if you have any.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ko pa pinapaconvert. Kasi hindi pa decided kung papalitan na lang yung buong sasakyan instead. Sa shop ni Mr. Ferdie Francisco iyan. Pinsan ni afrasay. Ang breakdown niya ay:
    *Rack and pinion 12,500.00
    *Hydraulic lines and plumbing 3,500.00
    *Labor 3,000.00
    *Dagdag ka na lang ng konti for other odds and ends you might need

Do take note that prices for the parts might differ per vehicle. And depending on the degree of difficulty, pati yung labor charge pwede mag-iba.

Tawagan mo na lang siya. 023603268 and 09207514323. Sabihin mo referred ka ni Otep Rivera from Martinez Hospital. Caloocan area nga pala siya. And you might need a map to find his shop.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    wow, that's cheap for a brand new steering rack.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i had mine converted, spent about 10 thou inclusive of labor. Corolla 91, 3500 ang steering kit, pump at 1200, hose 1000, 2500 labor(may added work ) so mura na, belt, oil, steering wheel cover sa may firewall sa ilalim $8= 400 petot. dun sa 10 thousand nagpalit na rin ako ng engine support para isang trabaho na lang, so it must be less pala

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
convert to power steering